Quick Questions - Win a £50 Amazon voucher draw

We are running a short survey, One respondent will receive a £50 Amazon voucher.
To enter the prize draw simply reply to this post and answer the 3 questions below

• What truck do you currently drive?

• What truck would you most like to drive?

• Why?

Only replies in this thread will be entered for the prize draw. Entries via e-mail or private message will not be entered. All replies should remain on subject, any posts on this thread that are not entries to the prize draw will be removed. Only one entry per member is allowed. Our general competition T&C’s can be found here
This survey will run until 30th April 2019 and the winner will be notified via forum private message shortly after, and will be announced in this thread

1 Foden

2 ERF

3 Because I consider them better than Foden as there is more space in the driving position,better visibility,more comfort,a gear stick that doesn’t vibrate as it’s not connected to anything ,has a wardrobe ,also there’s more chance of getting one fitted with a twin splitter ,better mirror positions and more screening from the sun when driving due to the seating position.

Edit ,i did once drive an Fl10 and a M reg fh12 other than those I’ve only driven only proper lorries . :smiley:

1 - Mostly Volvo.

2 - Volvo.

3 - Why not? The ride is as good any any other I’ve experienced, the all round visibility is the best with wide angle mirrors under main, handling is good, the gearbox is better than it’s rivals. Best feature - it’s not a Merc, horrible spiteful things. :smiling_imp:

1. Iveco

2. Anything else

3. Because it isnt an Iveco

Mercedes Actros.

MAN, DAF, Scania, Volvo…in fact anything but a Merc Actros.

Comfort, driving position, suspension, comfort, more living space, all the things that Mercs lack, those are my main priorities these days.

MAN TGX 480 eff line 52mph ltd
MAN TGXXL 500
See top truck specs and it’s not an Actros

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1. MAN TGS 500
  2. MAN TGX XXL 500 Efficiency line package
  3. Because the MAN is a very capable package and the 500 hp engine pulls like a train, the auto box is competent enough if used properly but really I’d just like the wider cab of the TGX over the TGS and a few bells and whistles like full leather and infotainment system of the Efficiency line package would be a nice bonus too…

P.S. I realise as staff I’m exempt from the prize money (as it should be) but I just wanted to add my two cents for fun…

P.P.S Also, non relevant posts in this thread will be deleted without warning so please keep it on topic, thanks.

1. MERC Actros, DAF CF or XF, M. A. N TGA or, Iveco as that’s what we have a mix of these days.

2. Volvo or Scania are my preferred trucks to drive in that order.

3. General driveability and comfort and the Volvos we used to have topped that for me lovely comfortable motors to drive so given the choice it would be a Volvo all day long.

Side note I try my damned hardest to avoid the Mercs we have as I hate driving them with so much passion thy are just horrid to drive. Think I’ve driven the MERCs maybe less than 10 times and they are 17 plates. I only take them when there is literally nothing left in the yard andc I have no choice. Which thankfully is rare.

1. DAF XF Euro 6
  2. Volvo, Scania as apparently those are ‘real’ trucks - or anything with ‘real’ (manual) gearbox
  3. As a younger/newer driver to the industry I never really got much experience at using the manual gearboxes apart from some shifts on agency (mostly basic 4/4 gearbox) - everything else in my full time job since has been auto. Would love to learn the skill of how to handle these gearboxes, including the much-feared Eaton twin split.

Mercedes Actros 2545.

Renault Premium.

I had the Renault for nearly 6 years; it did everything better than the Merc.

MAN 500…

Volvo

I really really dislike MANs dustbin lid steering wheel. To be fair I haven’t driven a Volvo for some years now so, possibly the new Scania mainly cos Switchy reckons they’re the mutts.

current vehicle : Mercedes Atego 2
most like to drive : Volvo
why : used to drive a Renault Magnum with the Volvo drive line, it was ideal for our use and as no longer available hopefully the Volvo equivelent would be as good.

1. Euro6 DAF SSC auto.
  2. Euro4 or 5 DAF SSC manual.
  3. Why? Well, the older DAF cab had better storage than the newer one. Didn’t drop water into my head either.

Oh! And it didn’t have half-arsed, ill conceived, and poorly executed electrical nonsense that makes driving a chore rather than a pleasure. It did what the driver told it to do, not the other way around.

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

1.Actros
2. Anything
3. I get paid to drive what we have

1. R620 Scania

2. S650 Scania

3. Yet to hear a bad word about them.

Next lorry is probably going to be a R560 so will have to wait a bit longer for the 650

A) Scanny 750 V8.

B) See above

C) See A)

:blush: :blush: :blush:

15 plate ex stobart fleet spec r450

Would like the new generation Scania

I used to prefer the latest version of Volvo.
But having driven the next generation Scania for a few days
I’d say it’s the one to beat at the moment

DAF (2004) Manual Rigid with Palfinger 11m crane

Any but would prefer a manual and would love the chance to play with a bigger crane!

Having driven an Iveco Stralis with an auto box, I never want another auto box again! While the manual is not as easy, it’s more responsive and so much better to control in tight situations. As for make of truck, not really fussy but then I’ve not really driven many different trucks, though I do like the new DAF’s.

nick2008:
1.Actros
2. Anything
3. I get paid to drive what we have

Same here.

1. Iveco Stralis :imp:

2. MAN TGX

3. I’m 6 foot 3 and built like the proverbial outside loo. The TGX fits me. Not many others do.