If anyone's wondering why the M11 was closed today

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-47637701

It was closed from 2:30a.m. until about 7a.m. both ways b/w J8 and 7, near Stansted. I wonder how many people missed their flights today. 5 hours for a fake bomb threat, well done Essex po-lice.

Update 22nd March: And this is how the story ends: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=159900#p2573965

Surley the blame…

Lies squarely with the numbnuts who decided a bomb hoax near an airport just after 50 people were killed in NZ was a good idea.

yourhavingalarf:
Surley the blame…

Lies squarely with the numbnuts who decided a bomb hoax near an airport just after 50 people were killed in NZ was a good idea.

Spoiler alert: real terrorists don’t reveal they have a bomb.

ETS:

yourhavingalarf:
Surley the blame…

So by that logic…

We’re supposed to ignore anyone who threatens to bomb or go on a killing spree because they’ve said they were going to carry one out?

yourhavingalarf:

ETS:

yourhavingalarf:
Surley the blame…

So by that logic…

We’re supposed to ignore anyone who threatens to bomb or go on a killing spree because they’ve said they were going to carry one out?

No, we’re supposed to live in constant fear and complete obedience to the gov’t and its institutions which are our guardian angels and you know what - it works. No one wants to die but guess what - everyone dies

ETS:

yourhavingalarf:
Surley the blame…

IRA?

toonsy:

ETS:

yourhavingalarf:
Surley the blame…

IRA?

Exactly I lived through 30 years of coded messages and threats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ETS:

yourhavingalarf:
Surley the blame…

So, given that 4 devices have arrived at transport centres in the past month, would you have ignored it? Disruption can be every bit a terrorist weapon as a bomb, gun, knife.

Wiretwister:
Disruption can be every bit a terrorist weapon as a bomb, gun, knife.

This was my original point before I got side-tracked…yeah.

ETS:
This was my original point before I got side-tracked…yeah.

No…

Your origional point was taking umbrage at Essex po-lice for closing the M11 for 5 hours.

toonsy:

ETS:

yourhavingalarf:
Surley the blame…

IRA?

Probably he’s to young to remember about the fact the IRA Used to give coded bomb warnings to news papers etc [emoji6]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

stop bus.
remove gobby ■■■■■■■■
drive bus to next junction.
play with bus without causing disruption to anyone for possibly more than 30 mins…job done.

they work from the same rulebook when they discover some taliban phoning from the back of a truck and stop it 1 mile from the services so that they can close the motorway for 6 hours to give them food and blankets.

ETS:

Back in the days of “The Troubles” it wasn’t uncommon for the terrorists to phone it in sometimes.

EDIT: Doh! Just realized this had already been said and I can’t delete my post :blush:

dieseldog999:
stop bus.
remove gobby [zb],
play with bus without causing disruption to anyone for possibly more than 30 mins…job done.

they work from the same rulebook when they discover some taliban phoning from the back of a truck and stop it 1 mile from the services so that they can close the motorway for 6 hours to give them food and blankets.

Thank you. Finally One person gets it. Yes, I was taking a jab at the po because of their method of over-reacting to what is 99% certain to be a fake threat. Regardless of the probability they must check and take precautions and I agree BUT they also need to minimize disruption otherwise it plays right into the hands of real terrorists who will soon realize that they can cause more (economical) damage to the UK by simply making bogus threats instead of risking their lives/getting caught. And it doesn’t have to be terrorists.

ETS:
real terrorists

Real terrorists…

Don’t waste peoples time by pretending have bombs. They’re looking for Fakebook glory or a story to tell their mates in the pub. They’re complete narcisists who crave attention in the same manner a small child does. Real terrorists just detonate without warning/drive a rental truck along the pavement/let loose with 20 full clips of ammo.

People who think it’s funny or big or clever to call a hoax bomb alert want locking up for a very long period of time.

ETS:

dieseldog999:
stop bus.
remove gobby [zb],

Thank you. Finally One person gets it. Yes, I was taking a jab at the po because of their method of over-reacting to what is 99% certain to be a fake threat. Regardless of the probability they must check and take precautions and I agree BUT they also need to minimize disruption otherwise it plays right into the hands of real terrorists who will soon realize that they can cause more (economical) damage to the UK by simply making bogus threats instead of risking their lives/getting caught. And it doesn’t have to be terrorists.

Oh dear, we’re so sorry about all those people that were killed or wounded but we were 99% certain this was a hoax.

peterm:

ETS:
Regardless of the probability they must check and take precautions and I agree

Oh dear, we’re so sorry about all those people that were killed or wounded but we were 99% certain this was a hoax.

Oh dear

ETS:
M11 traffic stopped due to 'bomb hoax' on coach near Stansted - BBC News

It was closed from 2:30a.m. until about 7a.m. both ways b/w J8 and 7, near Stansted. I wonder how many people missed their flights today. 5 hours for a fake bomb threat, well done Essex po-lice.

I must of just missed this as I was on said road at around that time…

A man arrested on suspicion of making hoax bomb threats which caused a motorway to be closed will face no action.

A coach driver called police after people on board raised concerns about a fellow passenger on the service from Stansted to London.

Essex Police said the 20-year-old man had been released without charge.

Assistant Chief Constable Paul Wells praised the actions of the passengers and driver.

He said: “We understand the man’s behaviour gave cause for concern and the passengers did the right thing by raising this to the driver, who was then able to stop the coach and report this to police.”

src: bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-47654802

we can now assume the driver of the coach is just a jobsworth bellend and just stopped on the motorway instead of at a exit… :unamused: