Cambridge Services

I’m not overly keen on stopping at an MSA, over priced and fast food forced on you, but being as from Colsterworth to Birchanger there’s nowhere else really to park ( stibbington but I’ve got a running fridge ) so reluctantly I’ve ditched it at Cambridge services for the night.
And what does your money get for you, parking and that’s it no meal voucher, a shower every man and his dogs been through, oh I almost forgot the pungent smell of stagnant pish made worse as it’s quite a warm evening.
But tonight while I’m sat eating my microwaved Chicken, Prawn and Chorizo Paella ( Tesco Finest 2 for £6 ) I have the bonus of watching the farce that is parking, 3 trucks trying to park at the same time it’s like synchronised chaos, and there must be a dozen drivers all waving their arms and shouting instructions, by the time they’ve shunted back and forth they’ll have run out of driving hours.
Cambridge must have the worst parking for trucks on the MSA network.

A shambles of…

A service area. Whoever designed the truck park area wants ■■■■■■■. A much better propostion would be the herringbone design. At least that way both LHD and RHD can back in with better visibility. It’s not helped by some drivers coming in from the coach park and driving against the traffic coming in. It absolutely stinks of urine, the hedgerow is a place you never want to venture near and all for the princely sum of nearly £30? (I have no idea how much it costs to park overnight there).

Nah, I’ll stick to days thanks.

Just don’t pay it. All they do is stick a sticker on the window pretending to be a parking fine, I took great pleasure in scrunching it up and pinging it out the window at Superintendent CarPark.

I did nights out for 30 years but I haven’t done one for three years now and I very much doubt I’ll ever do another. Facilities in the UK for trampers are simply dire. And then the RHA wonders why nobody wants to do the job.

I’d much prefer to go one junction east and park in Bar Hill. At least you’ve got a supermarket and a pub on your doorstep.

ZB Cambridge ,I’am in a nice dead end lay by overlooking the sea upon advice from diesel dog :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

the maoster:
I’d much prefer to go one junction east and park in Bar Hill. At least you’ve got a supermarket and a pub on your doorstep.

Think you need to get there really early mate, it always was chokker otherwise.
I used to park on that ind est over the other side of the A14 from services, …has that pub over there on side of A14 re.opened yet?
It used to be ok in there, but on reflection that was the wrong side of 10 years ago. :neutral_face:

robroy:

the maoster:

Think you need to get there really early mate, it always was chokker otherwise.
I used to park on that ind est over the other side of the A14 from services, …has that pub over there on side of A14 re.opened yet?
It used to be ok in there, but on reflection that was the wrong side of 10 years ago. :neutral_face:

The Trinity Foot pub? Demolished when the roadworks started.
In regards to the parking at Cambridge Services, it is organised chaos
I agree with Grumpy Dad (my 4 kids call me that too)it’s a nightmare to reverse into a space. And then the space is like threading a needle
Like yourhavingalarf put, £30 and no meal voucher, robbers.
And agree with Harry Monk , the RHA see it as “well at least the public see we have done something to get lorries out of the laybys and lorry parks in towns and cities! Oh and our members are not paying for drivers food!”
Rant done!

All services in Uk private business and they can sale this place for any price with any rulles.If you pay at airport big money for parking that what they give you???I thing truck parking for services very very low profitable side.One bus with 50 passenger give more profit that 40 parked truck.

Grumpy Dad:
I’m not overly keen on stopping at an MSA, over priced and fast food forced on you, but being as from Colsterworth to Birchanger there’s nowhere else really to park ( stibbington but I’ve got a running fridge ) so reluctantly I’ve ditched it at Cambridge services for the night.

You’re getting as bad as Mr long the Extra services CEO, Cambridge is a “Trunk road” service area not a “Motorway” service area.

Andrejs:
All services in Uk private business and they can sale this place for any price with any rulles.If you pay at airport big money for parking that what they give you???I thing truck parking for services very very low profitable side.One bus with 50 passenger give more profit that 40 parked truck.

Sums it up really.

speedyguy:

Grumpy Dad:

You’re getting as bad as Mr long the Extra services CEO, Cambridge is a “Trunk road” service area not a “Motorway” service area.

Isn’t it the A14 ( M11 ) services and isn’t it a blue road sign not green. :wink:
I don’t do much parking in the U.K. and much prefer the good old truckstop when I do a lot cheaper and decent scran

Grumpy Dad:
Isn’t it the A14 ( M11 ) services and isn’t it a blue road sign not green. :wink:

There have been complaints about the ‘sign’ :wink:
The A14 isn’t a motorway :wink: