A legend..really

youtu.be/3Sbk2K-xnww

this just popped up on youtube. now i’m not having a pop at the bloke but he’s only been at the job a short while…
him and a few others are calling themselves “road legends” … I think between them they’ve got about 20 yrs experience. . just saying like.

He’s stopped…

Tailgating and taking on everyone around him as an opponent to be duffed up. Perhaps he took an anger management class?

It’s nothing more than ‘a day in the life of an ordinary lorry driver’ if people find that interesting… good for them.

amature version of stobarts" how boring a day can you have plobbing around in a truck "series.
no doubt anyone saving up to get an eddie badge can cream their jeans to that…boring day in dullsville in reality though.
id love to see someone making a video titled…“a plobber comes off the midnight p&O and tries to reach gretna with mirrors intact”
that gatehouse of fleet A75 one comes close,but its all boat traffic in it so not so easy to see the difference in driving styles. :slight_smile:

I think it means "Youtube " legends .I like Jay he is pretty comical and says it how it is .
They are just trying to get through long boring days like the rest of us .Long gone are the Yorkie bar days ,They all show how it really is…

m.a.n rules:

him and a few others are calling themselves “road legends” … I think between them they’ve got about 20 yrs experience. . just saying like.

20 years! I think you can add up their class 1 years on one hand.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Don’t get me wrong, I’ve got nothing against anyone who wants to post youtube vids I watch a few genuine legends, matt ireland, anonymous european trucker, to name but a few, but to call yourselves and to then hashtag your video descriptions with the word “roadlegend” is absolutely cringeworthy.

But I suppose it appeals to their target audience of adolescent teens.

Reef:
Don’t get me wrong, I’ve got nothing against anyone who wants to post youtube vids I watch a few genuine legends, matt ireland, anonymous european trucker, to name but a few, but to call yourselves and to then hashtag your video descriptions with the word “roadlegend” is absolutely cringeworthy.

I particularly like Pete Owens and Ned Kelly but must say Trucker Jay is not my cup of tea.

It seems a bit egotistical to call yourself The Road Legends and have a Facebook page with the same name … each to their own I suppose :smiley:

I wonder what they’ll call themselves when they are really experienced :grimacing:

Luke…

Doesn’t call himself a legend or hero (and he’s done much more than Jay ‘the legend’ has). In Lukes videos he just sets fire to everyone elses cab with his steak and chips recipes. :smiley:

m.a.n rules:
https://youtu.be/3Sbk2K-xnww

this just popped up on youtube. now i’m not having a pop at the bloke but he’s only been at the job a short while…

You’ve said what I’ve been thinking for a while , nothing wrong with them making videos as has already been said each to there own , but …to call themselves legends ■■?

yourhavingalarf:
He’s stopped…

Tailgating and taking on everyone around him as an opponent to be duffed up. Perhaps he took an anger management class?

It’s nothing more than ‘a day in the life of an ordinary lorry driver’ if people find that interesting… good for them.

Tbf the lad appears to have grown up a bit from his days on rigids, but he’s laying himself wide open for some serious stick using the term ‘‘legend’’. :smiley:

bald bloke:

Reef:

I particularly like Pete Owens and Ned Kelly but must say Trucker Jay is not my cup of tea.

ahh ned kelly, nutty as a fruit cake. proper irish charactor. not one for vid’s but i find him compulsive viewing.

In an era of automatic trucks and sat navs, its almost embarrassing to call yourself a road legend, more like steering wheel attendent

Just watched the video and he’s not the worse driver I’ve ever seen but to call yourself a legend is a bit odd, can’t understand why people who drive for a living would go home and watch someone else do it on YouTube.

Each to there own. My attitude to life is : couldn’t give a (zb) what anyone else is doing.
Great thing with internet/ social media : if you don’t like it…don’t watch it

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk

dieseldog999:
amature version of stobarts" how boring a day can you have plobbing around in a truck "series.
no doubt anyone saving up to get an eddie badge can cream their jeans to that…boring day in dullsville in reality though.
id love to see someone making a video titled…“a plobber comes off the midnight p&O and tries to reach gretna with mirrors intact”
that gatehouse of fleet A75 one comes close,but its all boat traffic in it so not so easy to see the difference in driving styles. :slight_smile:

No many legends left now on the 75 ,the likes o Yakka an Bertie, even Problemchild are retired or passed on and they would never call there selfs legends just guys earning a penny or two.

perhaps they spelt it wrong, Leg end seems more appropriate

hotel magnum:
perhaps they spelt it wrong, Leg end seems more appropriate

End of something, all right! :laughing:

Reminds me of the nedexco driver who had Ice Road Trucker on his visor, maybe because he had a frozen load on.
Or the Stobarts driver who was filmed having to make his evening meal, all brand new gear the wok still had a label on and the cooker was still sealed, everything displaying Tesco labels :laughing:

Driving C+E (class1) for all of '5minutes ’ & calls himself a legend??

Still remember Jay racing about in a '4 wheeler ’ cutting everybody up and blaming then for the problems he’d caused.

For me he’s a total fool.
Give me Ned Kelly & Luke any day.