Howdens at Howden booking times

I’ve not been there for a fair amount of time. Do they run on booking times or not?

Yes they do run to booking times and quite strictly too. Do not try to turn up too early or security will turn you around and send you back out. You might get away with an hour early at the absolute most but I’ve seen plenty turning up and being turned around. Not so bad at Raunds or Runcorn where there’s plenty of space to park nearby on the industrial parks but at Howden you’ll struggle if the two laybys you pass on the way in from the M62 are full.

Depending on which direction you’re coming from its 30 mins from M18 J2, 30 mins from M62 J33 so you could wait up in Doncaster or Ferrybridge services if you’re way too early.

If you’re tipping at Howden at Factory 9 there’s a staff restaurant there opposite the truck wash. If it isn’t serving there are still vending machines for drinks and snacks.

Cheers. I thought they did but as ever with times etc so long as they stick to their part I don’t mind.

It’s factory 4 I think. Then again last time it was also factory 4 but I ended up having to take some to another place (round the back) and the rest to the one right by the entrance.

Instead of heading back to motorway you could head out on the country lane towards holme on spalding moor where there is a couple of laybys to park up and wait.

There is a small cafe run by a friend of ours. Anna’s Happy Trotters, there is room for a couple of lorries.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Think I’m heading in from Sherburn in Elmet direction.

Has that cafe at Boothferry Bridge closed? (Mayfield)

Gidders:
Has that cafe at Boothferry Bridge closed? (Mayfield)

If you mean that cafe and truckstop opposite the Ferryboat Inn it closed a few years ago, is a truck sales place now.

The road/estate Howdens Raunds is on is all double yellow lines now