No more lorry’s

Don’t post on here much, but as the title says, no more lorry’s for me. After applying to become a Trainee Train Driver in 2017 and completing numerous psychometric tests and interviews. I’ve just been advised I’ve passed everything and will start training later this year.!!! WOOOOOOHOOOOOO… Goodbye crap wages, people treating you like ■■■■.

Good luck all.!

Good luck, a lot of people say they’re leaving and never do.

I’m as envious as…

Hell! I passed all the tests and interviews when I left school to get into British Rail (as it was back then), only to be let down by my atrocious colour vision.

Happy miles.

westermant:
Good luck, a lot of people say they’re leaving and never do.

True, but, after 20 years enough is enough for me.

yourhavingalarf:
I’m as envious as…

Hell! I passed all the tests and interviews when I left school to get into British Rail (as it was back then), only to be let down by my atrocious colour vision.

Happy miles.

Been a long process, but one that will defiantly bear fruit at the end.

yourhavingalarf:
I’m as envious as Hell!

Indeed, as am I.

It’s the only other job I ever fancied doing,
(Rail freight actually) and real money and benefits too.

Good luck to you op.

Sent from my Lenovo TB-X704F using Tapatalk

Good luck on the choo choos, let us know if the grass is really greener.

Don’t forget your Ian Allan train spotting book.

Does that mean you’ll be changing your name to Casey Jones ( google it youngsters ) :laughing:

Good luck

m.youtube.com/watch?v=ig3GcDBjQN4

Good on you mate. I’m after getting out too, best of luck with it.

Very pleased for you mate, best of luck in your new journey.

Aslef or RMT? no preference, they both look after their member’s interests (other unions could take a leaf from their book), just wondering which one will be yours.

Cheers all, appreciated.

Juddian:
Very pleased for you mate, best of luck in your new journey.

Aslef or RMT? no preference, they both look after their member’s interests (other unions could take a leaf from their book), just wondering which one will be yours.

The company I am starting with use RMT I believe. And yes they certainly do look after their members.

Thank you, I can’t wait.

Good luck with the new profession , but just to set everyone at ease I’ll ask What sat nav do you think is best for train driving and is it vital to set the correct time on it and do they have bridge heights in Meters?

Good on you getting away from lorries, in the Somerset Standard paper there is advert for trainee train drivers for Freightliner in the Mendip hills, it can take six months of numerous exams and tests.
But well worth it in the end, UK lgv work is pants, Nimbies that block parking solutions, the public hate lorries, and can’t wait to get their phones out to film a driver stuck,then post it on social media.
Clamping and fining drivers on their weekly rest on industrial estates.Dumb car drivers that report drivers to their firm for minor errors.
Clamping is illegal but council’s override that to make money.

Well done, and probably the best thing you will ever do. Have a mate back home who worked on the trains for many years. Retired at an even younger age than me and has a big fat pension which is actually more than a lot of wagon drivers wages!

Will be driverless within 5 years. Probably less

Nkh22:
Don’t post on here much, but as the title says, no more lorry’s for me. After applying to become a Trainee Train Driver in 2017 and completing numerous psychometric tests and interviews. I’ve just been advised I’ve passed everything and will start training later this year.!!! WOOOOOOHOOOOOO… Goodbye crap wages, people treating you like [zb].

Good luck all.!

Welcome to the brotherhood. Congrats.

Ive been a trainee train driver for the last 4 months its great. Hard work in the classroom doing PTS, Rules etc then onto Traction, handling hours then route learning,

JOIN ASLEF !!! not RMT.

GOOD LUCK :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

SuperMultiBlue:

We still have “absolute block signalling” in some area.

Driverless trains NOT in our lifetime. LMAO :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Dont believe media bull.

SuperMultiBlue:

London Underground, Victoria line, trains have been automatic since 1972 … no way will they allow driver less trains. RMT and ASLEF put pay to that. TSSA are a union to avoid on the railways/.