Co-Op Thurrock Assessment

Evening all,

I’ve got a Class 2 assessment with Co-Op, Thurrock tomorrow.

What can I expect at the assessment?

Do you a do mock delivery run? How long is the drive out?

What does the day consist of?

Beyond the assessment day, what is the work like?

How many drops?
Is it long distance driving?
What is expected from you at the drops? Is it a case of getting the cages to the door and moving on, or do you unload the cages?

Anything else I need to know?

Cheers

Is this through agency?

If so mine went like this, 30 mins doing the normal questions in classroom, filling out some forms etc.

Out to truck, the majority of vehicles are now auto but you may get one of the old manuals for the assessment, do checks, pretty straight forward stuff. then out for a short drive, no mock delivery when I did mine, drive was about 20 mins.

Drops can be anywhere from 2 to 6 drops, most days you will do 2 runs, sometimes you get a nice long run which means you will only do 1 run but that’s quite rare. You can be anywhere from central London to Brighton and all places in between.

The work can be heavy, but your not pushed at all, and unless your taking the ■■■■ you will be alright. At the drops it’s just a case of getting the cages into the shop, this can be easy or difficult depending on the distance from where your parked, this being the most frustrating part of the job, a lot of stores are in pretty inaccessible places and it sometimes it’s a challenge.

I like the job, it’s pretty chilled, generally you will be doing 12 hour days some days more some days less.

Please bear in mind this info is from an agency workers point of view, if your going in for coop it will probably be different.