Mercedes MP4 cab hinges

Hi All, Could anybody tell me if they have had problems with the MP4 hinges. I had a 2013 model from new, and found there was no safety strap. It would be very helpful, if anyone could enlighten me, Thanks in advance

Plobbers head on.

Defect it, say it’s unsafe to drive, get it vor’d then go and explain to pointy shoes.

Drivers head on. Close the door and crack on

I’ve driven quite a few and have noticed that some seem to have a stiff hinge.

Nowhere near as difficult to open as Robroy’s wallet though :neutral_face:

Fire brigades jaws of life couldn’t prise that bloody thing open…

I was changing trailers in Holyhead, yeah it was gusty. I opened my door just as a gust whipped up, silly bollox here didn’t let go of the door handle, so I was literally thrown out of the cab, I landed about 5 feet away, with my thumb hanging off, tendons were knackered. While I drove that truck it had 5 new pairs of hinges.
This is the reason I’m asking is this an only me :confused: Or has anyone else had problems.TIA

Door or cab? Cab…not my job to tilt it…not had the training and after watching the fitter giving it his all last night on one, it looks hard work! As for door hinges…■■■■■■ The old Megaspace MP1 was permanently knackered and the one I have now recently started giving it the ‘clicks’ on opening so I knew what was coming…heard something drop in the door Sunday night…now swings as free as a bird!

Because there is no visible safety strap, when the wind caught the door it blew it past 90 degrees and bent the front panel as well, then the rain would ■■■■ in from the top of the door because the hinges had bent. Every truck or car I have ever looked at has either a metal or in the old days a leather strap to stop this from happening, 5 sets of new hinges in 2 years. The company are of course denying this and saying it only had 1 new pair, Thanks for your input guys, this is important.

Curious coincidence, this thread. Opened the door on my 66 plate actros today, sudden gust of wind caught it, I made a quick grab for it but couldn’t hold it and before I knew it, it slammed forward and snapped the bottom hinge. They are some kind of cast alloy so wasn’t much give in it. Managed to lift the door enough to close and lock it, and took it back to depot where a call-out van replaced the hinge. Was lucky with it. Just a little bit of a sprain to my wrist, but the ■■■■ thing nearly dragged me out of the cab. But I remember thinking this afternoon that there was no check ■■■■■■■■ it.

Thanks for your input WhiteTruckMan, so it’s not just the one I had :confused:

We have experienced bent door hinges on both of our Actros’s due to being caught by the wind. Got absolutely stung by Merc for replacements.

Happens all the time at our place

Thanks for taking the time to post fellahs