Driving out of Cairnryan

Drivers working for Irish firms out of Cairnryan, who’s best to work for, would you recomend the job and what is the money like?

Under the impression its around £200 per trip.

Not sure of rates but believe they may be a bit a higher than that also depends where you are going London is obviously more than Manchester. Manfreight, Sawyers and McBurney’s all have drivers working out of Cairnryan as well as a few of the smaller companies. Manfreight and Sawyers will be mostly night work flat out down the road tip take the break then straight back up usually work on a system of 3 trips one week and two the next

as mazzer says covers it all.
the rates will be higher if your doing the complete trip rather than just shipping the trailer and waiting on another one to come out to you.
all you need to do is spend a pleasant evening sitting with a fish supper and a can of vimto perusing the rally off the evening boats to have the list of culprits to choose from.
if you look for a few boats coming in and out,then you will have 99% of who you want to contact.
your a bum in a seat to most and only as good as your last trip.
it would be advisable to use the cb as if you already have a clean licence,then theres every chance it wont stay that way for long if your doing the night runs.
if your lifting trailers then the mayhem will have left 20 mins before you with the attention and carnage that ensues further down the road.
on the other hand the slimebags last monday evening had a mc burneys subby done and dusted by the time he got as far as the split which is hardly 2 miles from the boat ,20 mins after the boat tipped,so theres no real option as you will never sit at 40 anyway.
who dares wins my man.
if you can stomache working for sloweys mob then your a better man than me as id be constantly tempted to kick him along the road like a burst ball every time he would speak to me.

Mazzer2:
Not sure of rates but believe they may be a bit a higher than that also depends where you are going London is obviously more than Manchester. Manfreight, Sawyers and McBurney’s all have drivers working out of Cairnryan as well as a few of the smaller companies. Manfreight and Sawyers will be mostly night work flat out down the road tip take the break then straight back up usually work on a system of 3 trips one week and two the next

I think Morgan McLernon run that system 3 trips one week 2 the next, I know a driver at Manfreight who does 3 trips every week.

Manfreight:
steady work hear wages going to £120day/home (but no extra for weekends!!) for all drivers 1st April.
Get used to A75 90% loads and “Lutterworth Express”!!!
McBurney:
Hourly wages and heard office can give “bad manners” fairly regular!!!
MorganMcLernon:
Prob best wages by slight amount but you WILL fill your card and cover the hrs to make up for it!!!
Agro Merchants (Sawyers):
“Long week/short week” or “2trips” or Sun night to Fri morn 5shifts (me!!) available.
Higher money for Fri/Sat night heading down rd.
Loads outta Cairnryan or Holyhead or Taunts outta Heysham/Seatruck Bootle so bitta variety ref roads/work.
No bad manners from office in 4yrs there but gotta take rough with smooth!!!

Heard both Morgan/Agro only offering "6on/2off atm as fairly full for drivers.

[/quote]
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
thatl be all the tangs getting off the silage and onto the books in time for brexit then…driver shortage my bollox :slight_smile:

dieseldog999:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
thatl be all the tangs getting off the silage and onto the books in time for brexit then…driver shortage my bollox :slight_smile:
[/quote]
Hahahahahahahahaaha! Spot on! A breath of fresh air, and an experienced man, you are.

Big Truck:
Manfreight:
steady work hear wages going to £120day/home (but no extra for weekends!!) for all drivers 1st April.
Get used to A75 90% loads and “Lutterworth Express”!!!
McBurney:
Hourly wages and heard office can give “bad manners” fairly regular!!!
MorganMcLernon:
Prob best wages by slight amount but you WILL fill your card and cover the hrs to make up for it!!!
Agro Merchants (Sawyers):
“Long week/short week” or “2trips” or Sun night to Fri morn 5shifts (me!!) available.
Higher money for Fri/Sat night heading down rd.
Loads outta Cairnryan or Holyhead or Taunts outta Heysham/Seatruck Bootle so bitta variety ref roads/work.
No bad manners from office in 4yrs there but gotta take rough with smooth!!!

Was told it’s around £220 a trip with Manfreight doing the fridges. Been told you run to the ends of the earth with Morgan Mclernon.

why dont you just pick one at random then and go and work for them.
your going to be of no importance to any of them if you leave or not,then make your mind up who to stick with.( if any)