Finally had a guts full of BBC radio. Whats out there?

As above, can’t stand it anymore! I need to get out of the loop of constant [zb] and commercial radio is also out of the question.
Until my new truck arrives in late March, I’m stuck with an FM radio so I bought myself a cheap FM transmitter to connect to my phone.
What APPS are there that dont use my mobile data?
I mean it’s easy to find them, but some are internet based. My S7 has a built-in FM receiver.

If you’ve got Spotify you can download playlists and albums on internet at home to play offline in the truck. There’s also lots of podcasts you can download.

All British…

Music and classic comedy as well. No DJ at all and less ads than most commercial radio stations… Union Jack.

It’s not the complete solution to dullard radio UK but it passes a few hours on the motorway.

yourhavingalarf:
All British…

Music and classic comedy as well. No DJ at all and less ads than most commercial radio stations… Union Jack.

It’s not the complete solution to dullard radio UK but it passes a few hours on the motorway.

UK Radio is mostly awful. Sad to say it.

Cheers fellas.
I started to listening to Radio Caroline on friday morning using an app called ‘DAB Radio player UK’, bloody brilliant until I used all my data! :laughing:

Fit an 8 track stereo.

if get dab or near London lbc can be interesting. people talking rubbish getting wound up over things and going on like there experts on stuff.

I agree bbc radio can be a bit rubbish.

but bbc wm danny Kelly 9 -12 can be a good listen

Get yourself one of these, quite cheap and gives you a whole load of stations.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Sim only deals with loads of data aren’t that expensive these days.

You can get unlimited data for £20pm on Three, worth every penny in this job I think. Any radio station you want digital or otherwise, on demand radio, podcasts, Spotify. YouTube/iPlayer/Netflix for the waiting rooms etc. I wouldn’t be without. You can even pick up a cheap smartphone to put it in for £30 odd.

Zoe Ball…STREWTH!

What about the “Male” travel reporter in the mornings. Oh Jackie phoned in and ask what is the problem on the A??. I have been sat here for 30 minutes. Pay Lynn a lot more money and bring her back. They can afford it now they are not paying that ginger ■■■■ £2million+year

SWEDISH BLUE:
What about the “Male” travel reporter in the mornings. Oh Jackie phoned in and ask what is the problem on the A??. I have been sat here for 30 minutes. Pay Lynn a lot more money and bring her back. They can afford it now they are not paying that ginger [zb] £2million+year

Oh jesus he is terrible, acting out the bloody travel news :unamused:

I think Richie is good fun.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

I just download the music i like on to my phone, i have a google play account. Over 700 songs, plug it into the radio via an aux cable, stick it on shuffle and away you go. If that gets a bit repetitive then one of google plays ‘stations’ based on genre or mood does the trick. The only radio statiin i listen to at any length is talksport.

Radio X download app to phone, download previous shows to listen to again or listen live, great music also the fab Chris Moyles breakfast show.

Get yourself a personal dab radio, plug it in the aux socket and there you go.
Ive had the transmitter ones like the pure highway,but the personal ones are pretty much as good.I have listened to 6 music for the past 12 years,but they decided to change the schedule and its ■■■■,so I’ve given it up. I now listen to Talk Radio all day.

fatboystu1:
I just download the music i like on to my phone, i have a google play account. Over 700 songs, plug it into the radio via an aux cable, stick it on shuffle and away you go. If that gets a bit repetitive then one of google plays ‘stations’ based on genre or mood does the trick. The only radio statiin i listen to at any length is talksport.

^^^this [emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

youd think by the law of odds a really good station would crop up every few years but it doesnt. or a DJ would fall ill and a lady who was sweeping up nearby was asked to take over and wow shes got spirit,that sort of thing. its the same with news presenters. That smug old goat Alistair Stewart needs mugging good n proper on his way home, but back on tv the next day hes humble and lost the smugness and suddenly hes ok

Stick LBC on, and make sure you’re not around by the time James O’Bloody Brian comes on…

Nick Ferrari is actually my favourite show these days, LBC having decided in their infinate wisdom to ditch Katie Hopkins some time ago now…

I am not usually at work when Farage is on, but he seems to be a centerist these days, which is not my flavour any more. :smiling_imp:

Nick Ferrari is considered “Center Right” - but even he seems to be more Center than Right these days. :unamused:

On the very rare occasion that we put the radio on it normally gets set, by me, to a station called Magic. All the classic tunes from my era, 70s 80s 90s.
It’s ok downloading playlists but I like the surprise of hearing a song I used to love, and not heard for 30 years, pop up on a live show.
But, too many phone calls to do, too much traffic, radio is usually off.