Finally had a guts full of BBC radio. Whats out there?

Totally abandoned radio now,there’s nowhere to go that delivers what radio 2 offered around 15 years ago before the Steve Wright cretin vanguard parked it’s tanks.I remember the Mathew Bannister purges of the late80s of the Smashie and Nicey stable of djs and spent a few years in radio limbo before,reluctantly tuning into radio 2 when jimmy young,John Dunne etc were in situ and gradually adapted to its rather twee format,although Gloria Hunniford I found painful.
Sarah Kennedy was my constant travel companion alongside Steve Maddon and the much lamented Alex Lester in his earlier days.Yes it was twee and a little starchy but things greatly improved with Wogans arrival and so began 10 or so excellent years of warm and witty radio.
All groundbreaking cultural developments I reckon have around 10 years before the rot sets in.Pop music was at it’s zenith between 65 and 75.Arguably.Then the Viz comic years, to name but 2.
I think there needs to be a flow of creative energy to keep a show alive and it just isn’t happening anymore as, there’s no vitality, originality,genius and verve anymore,musically speaking, from the likes of Ed Sheerans generation and so the current crop of djs are the natural ambassadors for this bilge.
It’s so nakedly obvious that there’s a deliberate cultural takedown in progress when a man of Terry Wogans calibre is replaced by a creature as odious as his… (can barely acknowledge its name),replacement proved to be.That era of quality,understated intelligence and warmth exemplified by radio 2s salad years,I fear has now evaporated with Tels departure and more recently the Simon Mayo farrago I suspect has sealed the stations fate where it will surely become as irrelevent and farcical as radio 1 continues to be.(job done Purnell)
Theres a definite vacancy for a new phenomenom but the dessicated Cowell era won’t spawn it that’s for certain.