The Trouble With Eddie

Just commenting on 2 separate posts today. ( Someone not updating their sat naff & damage clause).
It occurs to me that these two things are linked.
Drivers continue to get shafted as big firms put profit over people.
Someone not updating their sat naff beggars belief that a professional (?) Driver would even consider driving through ground that was not hard standing never mind it’s in the middle of a housing estate.
The company he works for, regardless of many options,are a reputable multi national company that even my granny knows who they are. Old Mr Stobart must be turning in his grave at this.
Greed has caused standards to drop. Tarring the good drivers at Stobart’s with the same brush.
Company like Stobart’s should be focusing in quality over quantity. Look where there recent recruitment policy has got them.
This takes me on to the damage clause. It’s quite clear that employing the wrong people ( as Stobart’s clearly have) leads to this.
Mistakes are made in this industry. When you (zb) up, hold your hands up & learn from it.
Someone mentioned companies will always find drivers to agree to such clauses as there is an excess in the country : not a shortage.
This is very true but looks where it gets us. Driving through parks because your sat nav told you!!!
Good drivers need to show some collective consciousness & stick together but in reality how can this happen in the snowflake generation when you can’t tell someone where they are going wrong without them getting offended.
To summarise we’re (zb)'d.
Rant over.
Soap box back in cupboard.

Apologies should be in UK Professional Drivers Forum :blush:

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk

DF40:
Just commenting on 2 separate posts today. ( Someone not updating their sat naff & damage clause).
It occurs to me that these two things are linked.
Drivers continue to get shafted as big firms put profit over people.
Someone not updating their sat naff beggars belief that a professional (?) Driver would even consider driving through ground that was not hard standing never mind it’s in the middle of a housing estate.
The company he works for, regardless of many options,are a reputable multi national company that even my granny knows who they are. Old Mr Stobart must be turning in his grave at this.
Greed has caused standards to drop. Tarring the good drivers at Stobart’s with the same brush.
Company like Stobart’s should be focusing in quality over quantity. Look where there recent recruitment policy has got them.
This takes me on to the damage clause. It’s quite clear that employing the wrong people ( as Stobart’s clearly have) leads to this.
Mistakes are made in this industry. When you (zb) up, hold your hands up & learn from it.
Someone mentioned companies will always find drivers to agree to such clauses as there is an excess in the country : not a shortage.
This is very true but looks where it gets us. Driving through parks because your sat nav told you!!!
Good drivers need to show some collective consciousness & stick together.

It’s got jack ■■■■ to do with ‘‘updating a sat nav’’ mate, it’s more to do with useless ■■■■ s with no initiative or common sense who totally RELY on ■■■■ sat navs, rather than use them as a guide. :bulb:
There is absolutely NO shortage of Class 1 drivers per se, , but there is definitely a vast shortage of Class 1 drivers that can drive professionally with all the qualities that brings, just look at some of the pathetic sorry arsed ■■■■ s we share the roads with who have managed to blag a licence, which illustrates my point.

I aint a Stobby fan by any means, but make no mistake mate, Stobart have some excellent drivers, (I knock around with one of them in fact :smiley: )…but negative situations breed publicity, you never see an article in a mag about their good drivers doing an efficient job every week do you, but there’s no shortage of stories like this one or the bridge bashers.

As for sticking together…never happens, because the guys with backbones in a firm are usually in the minority unfortunately, so they are dragged down into all this bull ■■■■ by the spineless,.and the feckless.

Zzz…
Drive the truck forward, unload and then return to depot.
Seems you care way too much on what other drivers are doing.
Make life easy, why go out looking for something to complain about.
Zzz.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

LS222:
Zzz…
Zzz.

:unamused:
Ahh right…so that’s how you do the job…Cheers for that, I can now say I know what I’m doing at last.

I was answering the o/p’s point, not so much ‘‘caring too much about what other drivers are doing’…’ more commenting on it,
In fact aka the reason for a forum. :bulb:

LS222:
Zzz…
Zzz.

Can’t argue with stupid

robroy:

LS222:
Zzz…
Zzz.

Ahh right…so that’s how you do the job…Cheers for that, I can now say I know what I’m doing at last.

I was answering the o/p’s point, not so much ‘‘caring too much about what other drivers are doing’…’ more commenting on it,

I was responding to the o/p too. Stop being such a snowflake, I don’t use the term snowflake but because people love referring to people as snowflake I thought I might as well. This is just my opinion just like your opinion… that’s what this forums for right?

the thing with stobarts there possibly the biggest and by far the most well known haulage company.so when accidents they stand out from the standard non livereied curtain siders on the road.

lots of other haulage firms have crashes accidents yet because there trucks arnt well known or painted up no one cares about them
where as stobarts huge company big names everyone just has to knock them

as for percentage terms of trucks bet there accident rate is probably lower than most companys

Was going to say the Zzzz were directed at me [emoji848]
Usually don’t give 2 hoots what anyone else is doing.
Apologies to all for posting about terms & conditions & bad driving.

LS222:

robroy:

LS222:
Zzz…
Zzz.

I was responding to the o/p too. Stop being such a snowflake, I don’t use the term snowflake but because people love referring to people as snowflake I thought I might as well. This is just my opinion just like your opinion… that’s what this forums for right?

:laughing: :laughing:
Wow, Jeez H, a Trucknet first for me.
I’ve been called a ■■■■, an arrogant bast,.a bighead, and an arse hole on here in the past :sunglasses: …but NEVER a Snowflake. :open_mouth:

I feel a warm sense of achievement, I’m finally taken as a modern politically correct easily offended type who can’t take criticism without butsting into tears
My life is fulfilled…Thanks for that. :sunglasses:

DF40:
Was going to say the Zzzz were directed at me [emoji848]
Usually don’t give 2 hoots what anyone else is doing.
Apologies to all for posting about terms & conditions & bad driving.

So you bloody should apologise…you know how easily offended I am these days. :laughing:
:unamused: :wink:

Got to thank LS 222 for my new signature btw :sunglasses: :smiley:

edd1974:
the thing with stobarts there possibly the biggest and by far the most well known haulage company.so when accidents they stand out from the standard non livereied curtain siders on the road.

lots of other haulage firms have crashes accidents yet because there trucks arnt well known or painted up no one cares about them

as for percentage terms of trucks bet there accident rate is probably lower than most companys

That’s the question : are they now too big?

That was too easy [emoji23] see you in the next repetitive post.

#NeverToOldToBeASnowflake [emoji23]

edd1974:

They’ve only themselves to blame though, not least the way they set themselves up for ridicule on the famous tv show bullcrap, making out they were the elite, and a cut above every other firm. :unamused:
They were bound to get stick after that lot :laughing:

LS222:
That was too easy [emoji23] see you in the next repetitive post.

#NeverToOldToBeASnowflake [emoji23]

Ah well, if I am repetitive, at least I’m consistent. :sunglasses:

edd1974:

Walking round rugby truck stop there is hardly a truck without some sort of damage so I think I would doubt the accident rate. Though of course more trucks is likely to mean more accidents

Eddie died a few years ago, God rest him. In the words of Manfred Rommel; let there be no recriminations after death.

If he can do it for the Baader Meinhof Fraktion, we can do it for a Haulier.

A bit of class goes a long way.

edd1974:

No, the problem with stobarts is they go around telling everyone they’re elite when they’re no different to any other company. Stick your head above the parapet, dont be surprised if you get shot at.

As far as damage clauses in contracts go, that’s a solution the hauliers have come up with for a problem they’ve created. Basically they made this into an industry no one wants to work in. They’ve had to lower standards to get bums on seats. Those of us who still give a ■■■■ about the job see the results of these lower standards every sodding day. I worry that when the EE contingent disappear after Brexit, they’ll simply give class one licenses away in every packet of cornflakes to keep stuff moving.

Drempels:
Eddie died a few years ago, God rest him. In the words of Manfred Rommel; let there be no recriminations after death.

If he can do it for the Baader Meinhof Fraktion, we can do it for a Haulier.

A bit of class goes a long way.

Merely pointing out state of haulage industry. Doubt Mr Stobart, would be impressed with the state of it.

That’s got very little to do with having class. [emoji848]

Nite Owl:

As far as damage clauses in contracts go, that’s a solution the hauliers have come up with for a problem they’ve created. Basically they made this into an industry no one wants to work in. They’ve had to lower standards to get bums on seats. Those of us who still give a ■■■■ about the job see the results of these lower standards every sodding day. .

Well put, very true.

robroy:

Nite Owl:

As far as damage clauses in contracts go, that’s a solution the hauliers have come up with for a problem they’ve created. Basically they made this into an industry no one wants to work in. They’ve had to lower standards to get bums on seats. Those of us who still give a ■■■■ about the job see the results of these lower standards every sodding day. .

Well put, very true.

Yep, Nite Owl is spot on there.

When it’s obvious summat isn’t working, and dumbing the job down definately isn’t working, the answer is always to dumb it down more because we obviously didn’t dumb it down enough last time.

Idiot does what idiot does? hah we the answer for that one, everyone has to be retrained how to do something they’ve been doing perfectly well for bloody decades only now in a completely different way, what could possibly go wrong :unamused: