New Topic, Old Problem

Good morning all. I drive a 17 reg Volvo FH and you’ll never guess what’s wrong. Yeah, you’ve got it, the night heater doesn’t work.

When I hit the switch, I can hear some sound like its trying to start, but after about 3 seconds, it cuts out. The hand book says it sometimes takes 5 or 6 attempts to start it. But it will not fire up.

Two questions please. 1) can anyone offer a suggestion for a fix. 2) where does Volvo hide the fuse book now that it has totally redesigned the dash board.

Any answers most gratefully received.

Here’s a tip. Check the air intake isn’t blocked. It won’t fire up without an adequate airflow through to prevent it overheating.

But I’ve had an FM that took about 30 attempts in very quick succession to properly fire up after not being run for about 10 months.

V4 FH or FH.

Just a thought, if its like a DAF they can have problems with air getting in the fuel line and need to go to garage to be fixed.

If you do find fusebox, could also try pulling it for 10 seconds to reset. Again this is from a DAF but guessing they all similar.

WhiteTruckMan:
Here’s a tip. Check the air intake isn’t blocked. It won’t fire up without an adequate airflow through to prevent it overheating.

But I’ve had an FM that took about 30 attempts in very quick succession to properly fire up after not being run for about 10 months.

^^^^^ this

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Sit on the passenger seat, get your fingers around the edge of the top of the dash, grit your teeth and pull the top off the dash. All the main fuses are under there. Not had a night heater problem with a V4 before that wasn’t the intake blocked. Is the truck less than 2 years old? If so it’s under warranty and should be repaired for free by Volvo

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk