New Gen R450 Scania, a couple of question please

Just got my new gen R450 this evening off, I’m up the road Monday and forgot to bring the handbook home with me, so
can anyone tell me what one of the three sockets to use for an electric kettle, there are no hella sockets fitted in it, the sockets are for a normal 12/24 cigarette lighter plug types.

And where can I attach the air duster? my former Scania R450 had a valve under the handbrake.
Thanks in advance…

I use the socket nearest the passenger seat, no Hella socket for some odd reason. Can’t find a “reverse Hella” adapter, so bought a cigarette lighter socket-equipped kettle. The valve for the duster is still under the handbrake, pop the oblong (ish) blanking plate off, from the left side, and voila! Looks crap with it off, though.

P.S. All the best with the new steed! :smiley:

Lovely seat, really comfy. The bluetooth will go crazy after a week or so, the cruise control is the same as the old one was in normal or hippie mode, if your one doesn’t have power mode enabled. Still a nice motor though.

Drempels:
I use the socket nearest the passenger seat, no Hella socket for some odd reason. Can’t find a “reverse Hella” adapter, so bought a cigarette lighter socket-equipped kettle. The valve for the duster is still under the handbrake, pop the oblong (ish) blanking plate off, from the left side, and voila! Looks crap with it off, though.

Lovely seat, really comfy. The bluetooth will go crazy after a week or so, the cruise control is the same as the old one was in normal or hippie mode, if your one doesn’t have power mode enabled. Still a nice motor though.

You didn’t look very hard did you :laughing: :laughing:

ebay.co.uk/itm/Cig-Plug-to- … ctupt=true

fingermissing:

Drempels:

You didn’t look very hard did you :laughing: :laughing:

ebay.co.uk/itm/Cig-Plug-to- … ctupt=true

Nah, wandered around Lymm, South Mimms, and Leeming Bar with no luck. By sheer serendipity, my old kettle decided to go west, so I got a new one. Not convinced of the longevity of the plug though, it gets very hot :neutral_face:

Many thanks Dremps :slight_smile: I didnt want to hang about too long tonight so will sort that out in the morning.

I was impressed by the extra response from the engine and transmission on the trip home from Purfleet. All modes available too, a lot smoother and quieter and seemingly more powerful. All the usual goodies, microwave & fridge, leather seats ect but what happened to the table! the demo had one but mine hasn’t!, only one side locker Bah!

fingermissing, ta for the link, I just ordered one :slight_smile:

Twoninety88:
Many thanks Dremps :slight_smile: I didnt want to hang about too long tonight so will sort that out in the morning.

I was impressed by the extra response from the engine and transmission on the trip home from Purfleet. All modes available too, a lot smoother and quieter and seemingly more powerful. All the usual goodies, microwave & fridge, leather seats ect but what happened to the table! the demo had one but mine hasn’t!, only one side locker Bah!

fingermissing, ta for the link, I just ordered one :slight_smile:

:open_mouth: You’re just showing off now! Poor me, and me fleet-spec humble abode :blush:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

The radio has a nasty habit of not working,blank screen,to remedy the fault,take out the radio fuse,remove the ignition key,grab a coffee for about half an hour.This will reboot it.
Do you have a storage compartment under the bunk with no access to it via a side locker ?
The extendable lower bunk tends to break easily and this means you are unable to lift up the bed to get to the storage compartments.

Is the valve for the air duster under the handbrake in models with the electronic handbrake?

Cheers for the bunk and radio heads up, I shall keep an eye on both.

As for the electronic hand brake, i wouldn’t have thought so, as the valve is part of the handbrake quadrant…and if no quadrant, then no valve methinks !

Just got my head around the night heater, seems to be a Webasto type that heats the engine block as well as the cab, found the programming for it a sub menu on a button on the steering wheel, so at least it is now set to come on at 0400 Monday hopefully (if it works!) I also noticed that you can cool the cab with it as it has a * star marking and the handbook says it will chill the cab in summertime heat overnight…now that might be handy if we have another hot summer.

Twoninety88:
Cheers for the bunk and radio heads up, I shall keep an eye on both.

As for the electronic hand brake, i wouldn’t have thought so, as the valve is part of the handbrake quadrant…and if no quadrant, then no valve methinks !

Just got my head around the night heater, seems to be a Webasto type that heats the engine block as well as the cab, found the programming for it a sub menu on a button on the steering wheel, so at least it is now set to come on at 0400 Monday hopefully (if it works!) I also noticed that you can cool the cab with it as it has a * star marking and the handbook says it will chill the cab in summertime heat overnight…now that might be handy if we have another hot summer.

Beware the night heater! Think there’s about 15 notches on the heater control. I set it for about half way on my first night out in her, and woke up sweating like a ■■■■■■ in a bush.

On even the coldest night, I’ve only needed notch three, it’s a serious piece of kit! :open_mouth:

If you have a microwave, boil the water in a tub.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

El Deano:
If you have a microwave, boil the water in a tub.

Cheers, but I might be a tad thick, and need an explanation regarding a tub?

Any plastic tub, bowl, cup etc.

Yeah, I thought thats what you meant ED, wouldnt put anything metallic in there, the same as home, but a mate swears if you wrap cling film around any product with an aluminium tray, then it wont be affected…that I dare not try :slight_smile: