Seed deliveries same old as fertiliser deliveries

My Monday back load is 500kg bags of seed for farms
My question is this , is it the same old same as fertiliser deliveries to farms ?
Yes drive you can get your truck down to my farm but it turns out the lane is only a cart track :unamused:

If it’s anything like fertilizer from Ince to Somerset,Devon and Cornwall,a right ball ache,mobile phone number on the paperwork,ring him once loaded for an eta the next day.
Park in the lane,unload one side with his front loader,then spin around to tip the other side of the trailer.
I would get down the night before,steep narrow lanes,but at dark,have your eyes open.
Its easy to get lost in the lanes with the satnav not finding the postcode.
Ringing the farmer,gives him time to get his machine ready,and arrange somebody there.
Some farmers will tell you where the keys are hidden to unload yourself.

Probably…

Just don’t split any of the bags!

You won’t believe the price of some of the seed! :open_mouth:

Did a couple of loads like this previously , I think I had about 7 or 8 drops . There were about half a dozen different varieties of seed .
I slipped up and got a couple of the deliveries mixed up :cry: :stuck_out_tongue: , I had to go back to a couple of farms and swop for the correct seed !

I made sure I double checked when I did my second load :wink:

Fertiliser delivery was a doddle in comparison mostly 1 drop maybe 2 at the most .

I found that seed was more annoying than fertiliser. Normally fertiliser will go to the fairly large farms with usually good access for artics, on seed I was going to poxy little farms for one bag. The lot I was with actually started putting the smaller one or two bag drops onto the Palletways network as they were getting sick of trailers getting bashed up on the trees in these crap places.

Radar19:
I found that seed was more annoying than fertiliser. Normally fertiliser will go to the fairly large farms with usually good access for artics, on seed I was going to poxy little farms for one bag. The lot I was with actually started putting the smaller one or two bag drops onto the Palletways network as they were getting sick of trailers getting bashed up on the trees in these crap places.

Our palletways muppet drivers would love that :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: