Highways England New role

Seems there now gonna be pulling for DVSA now

commercialfleet.org/amp/new … s-for-dvsa

Even more reason to ratchet strap your pallets of cardboard in a curtainsider.

Fine if they have access to DVSA,s traffic light system otherwise a lot of people will be getting pulled for no reason and just wasting DVSA’s time as well the drivers.

Remember this phrase: Wedges have thin edges.

Don’t accept anything you don’t want, anything that’s “free”, anything that anybody from any government tells you is for “your own good”, anything that takes even the tiniest part of your freedom away, for it is without fail, a step further along the road to serfdom.

Remember when they said tachographs would never be used as evidence of speeding? Remember when they said digital tachographs would make it better for drivers? Remember when you could only be stopped by a uniformed Police Officer (or a traffic warden in Scotland)? Remember when there was hardly any CCTV and hardly any crime?

Think back even as recently as thirty years ago, and compare it to now. How many freedoms did you have then, that you don’t have now? How much more do government and business know about you now?
Has it improved your quality of life? Your wages? Your prospects?

so right drempels , big brother has been around for years…

m.a.n rules:

This kind of thing really annoys me. Creeping authoritarianism, and on the cheap too. They pay these people poorly, because they know the prospect of a shiny uniform and the chance to wield a pathetic bit of “power” whilst driving at 50MPH (why?) in a publicly-owned 4x4 will attract exactly the kind of jobsworth dullard they want, to whom the image means more than the money.

I don’t want to pay for these Soldier of Fortune-reading, wannabe, failed-cop, walting helmets, I want REAL POLICE OFFICERS, who do a REAL JOB.

Another job lost to robots

I thought they already had the power?

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Mazzer2:
Fine if they have access to DVSA,s traffic light system otherwise a lot of people will be getting pulled for no reason and just wasting DVSA’s time as well the drivers.

It’s probably not a waste of time to them when most of the green light operators probably don’t have the loads strapped

If they’re out pulling lorry drivers oops :blush: :blush: who is going to put all them cones out?

DickyNick:

Mazzer2:

It’s probably not a waste of time to them when most of the green light operators probably don’t have the loads strapped

My prediction is that load security is going to become a hot topic in the next few years as the authorities see a decline in the availability of their go to cash cow… the flip flops.

What’s the next easiest thing to target? Yup, curtainsiders for load security.

This kind of thing really annoys me. Creeping authoritarianism, and on the cheap too. They pay these people poorly, because they know the prospect of a shiny uniform and the chance to wield a pathetic bit of “power” whilst driving at 50MPH (why?) in a publicly-owned 4x4 will attract exactly the kind of jobsworth dullard they want, to whom the image means more than the money.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
+1
looks like we have a winner here.
just another example of plastic plod cabbages. . :slight_smile:

dieseldog999:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
+1

How long until they give them waistcoats so they can imitate the PCSO own-■■■-feelers? :laughing:

Drempels:

dieseldog999:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
+1

How long until they give them waistcoats so they can imitate the PCSO own-■■■-feelers? :laughing:

:laughing: :laughing:

Drempels:
Think back even as recently as thirty years ago, and compare it to now. How many freedoms did you have then, that you don’t have now? How much more do government and business know about you now?

The reason we don’t have them now is thanks to the numbers of people who were incapable of controlling themselves and acting and behaving responsibly.

And actually yes it has improved my quality of life. The stuff we were expected to do years ago in the days of logbooks and paper tachos you both cannot do and have no chance of getting away with today so employers don’t expect you to. Lots of the ways things were done like climbing over stacks of timber 14ft off the ground with gaps between them lugging sheets weighing as much as you trying to stay upright in gales at the side of the dock have thankfully come to an end.

Anyone who thinks the old days were good wants their heads testing.

Conor:

Drempels:

The reason we don’t have them now is thanks to the numbers of people who were incapable of controlling themselves and acting and behaving responsibly.

And actually yes it has improved my quality of life. The stuff we were expected to do years ago in the days of logbooks and paper tachos you both cannot do and have no chance of getting away with today so employers don’t expect you to. Lots of the ways things were done like climbing over stacks of timber 14ft off the ground with gaps between them lugging sheets weighing as much as you trying to stay upright in gales at the side of the dock have thankfully come to an end.

Anyone who thinks the old days were good wants their heads testing.

I rather think that people who read things that aren’t there are the ones needing a their heads tested.

You’re correct about us now having people who are incapable of controlling themselves, though.

I also wholeheartedly agree with you about AGW.

Drempels:

m.a.n rules:

I don’t want to pay for these Soldier of Fortune-reading, wannabe, failed-cop, walting helmets, I want REAL POLICE OFFICERS, who do a REAL JOB.

Couldn’t have put it better myself