Medical

50 in April but had my 45 medical in august , will my medical be due on my birthday or 5 years after my 45 year old medical eg august of this year?

What’s the expiry date on the back of your license?

If you applied for the license renewal in August 2018 despite your birthday in April 2019 it will come back with a renewal date in August 2023 (+5yrs), not April 2024. New forms will be sent out by dvla & you will be required to retake a medical before August 2023.
In my case my birthday is May 2019, but my license expired 10/01/19 due to previously renewing early, this time around I received the forms and did the medical in early December, I post dated the form 20/12/18 to allow time for postage and processing by dvla and the new license came back with the date 20/12. So over the course of renewing my license early at 45,50,55 (54). I’ve lost approximately 5 months.

Expiry date is august…but I can renwew it early if i please? Do i just book a medical and send the forms off early then they renew my license? I want to make sure I have no medical issues before i spend money on doing my class 1

shullbit:
Expiry date is august…but I can renwew it early if i please? Do i just book a medical and send the forms off early then they renew my license? I want to make sure I have no medical issues before i spend money on doing my class 1

Then go and get a proper medical examination done - not just the box-ticking form-filling exercise provided by the D4.

I had a taxi medical last year everything was fine then :slight_smile:

If the expiry is August you can do it early. DVLA will send out the necessary paperwork around 6 weeks prior to the expiry so don’t panic. If you can give the forum an idea of where you are based (county/city) we maybe able to point you in the direction of a suitable place to get the medical form done at a reasonable price

Wigan. the guy who did my taxi medical will do hgv medicals for £60 my own doctor wants £140