Employment contracts you disagree with

Johneboy:

DF40:

robroy:
I know this has been covered before but I just want some clarification.

If a co revises contracts of employment with clauses you do not agree with, my belief is that if you just do not sign it, then by law it is still considered that you are still considered in agreeance to the terms of that contract anyway …correct?

So…if you disagree with certain clauses that in your opinion is unreasonable to the point of taking the ■■■■…Do you…

Refuse to sign it, but attatch a note pointing out you do not agreee with clauses x y and z to clarify why?

Sign it as an acknowledgement of receipt only, and then attatch the note of disagreeance?

Just hand it back unsigned but instead write out an official grievance letter in place of it?

Or some other option?

Also…Can they "make you’’ sign it in terms of…No signature no job.
Thanks

I’m sure they have 90 days in which they can inform you of their intended changes to contract. Then after that they can basically rip up your contract & put you on new one.

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk

Did this at our place a couple of years ago. Drivers with between two years and thirty years service all covered by about three or four different contracts. Company didn’t like this so wanted everyone on the same contract. For the older drivers it was a big change in terms and conditions, for the newer drivers not so much. It caused lots of problems between staff and company with even more bad blood directed at the bosses.
In the end they told us to sign the contract by a certain date. For those that didn’t, (nearly all) we were then deemed to have handed in our notice and were now serving a three month notice period. We would then be allowed to sign on the last day to stay employed… or leave.
Just about everyone signed, even the unionised yards, but we adapted to the new rules and eventually worked it so that they benefited us [emoji38]
However, it’s that time again and now they are trying to change shift pattens, contracted hours and God knows what else. Only this time it’s been implemented one yard at a time so that there isn’t as big of a push back :smiling_imp:

It’s called a " consaltation" period. Although this means after 90 days we are changing your contract.

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk