Half Stobart, Half Malcolm?

Just at J10 truck stop this evening at the roundabout to take you southbound a scania unit appeared with half stobart and half malcolm livery on it.
Anyone know what the deal is? Just seemed odd considering they are rivals.

(Its a dashcam screenshot before the holier than thou start accusing me of taking pictures while driving!)

Story I heard that Stobarts offered a full side of a truck for advertising, possiblly a charity thing,.and Malcolms jumped on the opportunity to utilise it, as a bit 9f a mischievious stunt.
Stobart took it in good spirits with it being charity.
On other hand that version was told by a driver…so it could be complete ■■■■■■■■. :laughing:

Playing with dash cam is a BIG NO NO,not in full controll,multitasking ,undue care and attention :open_mouth:

truckanddriver.co.uk/latest … nvoy-park/
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

robroy:
Story I heard that Stobarts offered a full side of a truck for advertising, possiblly a charity thing,.and Malcolms jumped on the opportunity to utilise it, as a bit 9f a mischievious stunt.
On other hand that version was told by a driver…so it could be complete ■■■■■■■■. :laughing:

I saw it on tv so it must be ■■■■■■■■

There’s another pic here…
viewtopic.php?t=146876

You should see the driver’s uniform…

robroy:

I know Malcolms did take up the offer (well, bid highest at an auction) of having their livery on a stobarts trailer for charity but I dont think that was the case here.
It looks more like a Malcolms outfit with Stobart on it rather than the other way round. It has the Malcoms unit id on the wind deflector and Malcolms address on the rear of the cab.
Might be a bit of stobbys revenge for the trailer thing?

malcolmgbell:
Playing with dash cam is a BIG NO NO,not in full controll,multitasking ,undue care and attention :open_mouth:

Sssssh, dont tell anyone but I only had one hand on the wheel and I stopped sitting bolt upright as well.
Bloody dangerous it was. Nearly spilled my Irn Bru

The-Snowman:

robroy:

I know Malcolms did take up the offer (well, bid highest at an auction) of having their livery on a stobarts trailer for charity but I dont think that was the case here.
It looks more like a Malcolms outfit with Stobart on it rather than the other way round. It has the Malcoms unit id on the wind deflector and Malcolms address on the rear of the cab.
Might be a bit of stobbys revenge for the trailer thing?

malcolmgbell:

Sssssh, dont tell anyone but I only had one hand on the wheel and I stopped sitting bolt upright as well.

So long as you could still text that’s all that counts…

toonsy:

The-Snowman:

So long as you could still text that’s all that counts…

Couldnt. I was starting this thread at the time…

Full time malcolm unit was done for the beatson cancer charity last year.Raised loads of money over 100k when they had the fancy ball and drinks.

At Malcolms yard in…

Crick, Stobart shunters are in and out all the time.

As bad as those idiots who wear half and half scarves to football matches :confused: :confused:

As bad as those idiots who wear half and half scarves to football matches :confused: :confused:

Malbart or Stobcolm! :laughing: :grimacing:

Stobarts have a trailer in Malcolm livery aswel.