XPO Peterborough

Not looking good over there:

peterboroughtoday.co.uk/new … -1-8809847

BBC are saying a fridge went up then blew a diesel tank. It’s about 800 yards from my house and the mrs says she has never heard anything like it. Hope nobody is seriously hurt but with the amount of helicopters that have been going overhead it’s not looking promising.

Just spoke to one of ours who happened to be there and he reckons that a forklift was going into one of our trailers and as it did its gas tank ruptured and exploded! Two serious injuries is the word on the street.

For a second the thought crossed my mind that UKTramp had been tinkering with the refrigeration plant…but then he has retired to Holland hasn’t he?

Twoninety88:
For a second the thought crossed my mind that UKTramp had been tinkering with the refrigeration plant…but then he has retired to Holland hasn’t he?

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Will await reports tommorow from the company next door.

the maoster:
Just spoke to one of ours who happened to be there and he reckons that a forklift was going into one of our trailers and as it did its gas tank ruptured and exploded! Two serious injuries is the word on the street.

Does Langdons share that yard with XPO?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

damoq:

the maoster:

Yup. And Chiltern next door.

damoq:

the maoster:

Yeah, in their yard.

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-c … e-47230206

An XPO Logistics spokesman confirmed the blast occurred “at a site we sub-lease to a customer”.

mbax81:

damoq:

the maoster:

Yeah, in their yard.

An XPO Logistics spokesman confirmed the blast occurred “at a site we sub-lease to a customer”.

Looking at that drone picture, the cordon does seem to be round the Langdons trailers. There’s also 2 Marshall’s Thermoking vans in there too. Wonder if they’ve been working on fridges and something has gone wrong [emoji848]

damoq:

mbax81:

damoq:

the maoster:

Yeah, in their yard.

Looking at that drone picture, the cordon does seem to be round the Langdons trailers. There’s also 2 Marshall’s Thermoking vans in there too. Wonder if they’ve been working on fridges and something has gone wrong [emoji848]

If only there was a resident refrigeration expert we could call upon…

damoq:

mbax81:

damoq:

the maoster:

Yeah, in their yard.

Sounds like it was the lad servicing the fridge who is seriously injured from reports down here.

Yeah, been told same

Was parked next to the offending trailer yesterday. Both sides split open and section of roof gone. Story is that two fridge repair men were doing some internal welding inside it and for whatever reason they stopped and got out, unfortunately the acetylene was still open and filled the trailer, they got back inside and struck the igniter thingy and kaboom.

IMG_0653.JPG

the maoster:
Was parked next to the offending trailer yesterday. Both sides split open and section of roof gone. Story is that two fridge repair men were doing some internal welding inside it and for whatever reason they stopped and got out, unfortunately the acetylene was still open and filled the trailer, they got back inside and struck the igniter thingy and kaboom.

Any news on how the guys are?

Only gossip mate. Two injured, one badly with life changing injuries, but thankfully they’ll both survive.

the maoster:
Only gossip mate. Two injured, one badly with life changing injuries, but thankfully they’ll both survive.

Definitely been lucky looking at the state of the trailer.