Daf fans

Hi my fans in the daf only blow cold air i wondered if anyone knows of a way ro fix this

was thinking this might be a thread for fans of Daf… :laughing:
…though i did love my old 2500 :slight_smile:

Age and model will help you get a better answer if you let us know?

Sent using smoke signals

If it was a 95 ATI, my first thought would be a lack of coolant…

Check fuses for climate control., If it’s xf95, check that control cable on the hot/cold control hasn’t snapped.

Had same thing today,check header tank,full,stopped for 20 min and started blowing hot air,can only put it down to being a daf

This you then…?

https://goo.gl/images/es5CJ3

I’ve never seen a thread entitled ‘Iveco fans’
Doubt I ever would either :stuck_out_tongue: :grimacing:

this might fix it …

CIGARETTE-LIGHTER.png

Climate control in the cab? I’ve had it before where its already been warm in the cab, I’ve set the temperature and its blown out cold for a while no doubt trying to bring the temperature down and if you up the temp it blows out warm again. There is apparently an issue with a valve under the bonnet on the newer ones.

My basic knowledge is that the rotating knob in the cab (not the driver LOL) basically is a bit like a twist-grip gear shift on a mountain bike, it pulls a little lever backwards and forwards which is just under the bonnet of the vehicle. This is like a gate which moves between hot and cold air or obviously can blend both together. Most vehicles the knob will stiffen up (!) and become difficult to turn, or in other cases if the knob turns really easily basically it’s not working. It’s failing to move the little gate widget under the bonnet. Sorry I can’t find any decent pics online. Should be an easy fix, or might just need lube.