M11 weight limit

Pointless waste of sign posts [emoji35]

There not if your stuck behind to elephant racers,trying to get home in your nisan micra,2 inconsiderable steering wheel assistance jockeying for the lead

This. We’ve brought it upon ourselves.

Yep. When 2 “considerate” professional drivers want to spend 5 miles overtaking each other, one at 54.5mph and the other at 55mph. Totally brought on by ourselves.

The no overtaking ban doesn’t apply for Dozy on Friday night to get home on a promise for steak night with Mrs Dozy.
How odd that these regulations always follow on from what Germany does,the same for load security after shed loads closures,cleaning up the mess from dodgy EE operators transiting Europe.

DickyNick:
Yep. When 2 “considerate” professional drivers want to spend 5 miles overtaking each other, one at 54.5mph and the other at 55mph. Totally brought on by ourselves.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
i disagree.
the goverment brought it on by introducing dangerous speed limiters.

dieseldog999:

DickyNick:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
i disagree.

:unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

That comment deserves nothing more than that.

malcolmgbell:
There not if your stuck behind to elephant racers,trying to get home in your nisan micra,2 inconsiderable steering wheel assistance jockeying for the lead

I was being ironic. I saw a ‘professional’ driver overtaking twice in the zone today which got me thinking what’s the point of the ban if they don’t enforce it.
A sign saying it’s camera enforced would maybe make these “the rules don’t apply to me ‘cos I’m in a hurry” think twice.

Oh have they bought this back ?
Which section ?
All the bit it was on previously.
I have been off the road for a couple of days.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

That should read a couple of years , not days

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

It’s widely ignored…

By HGV’s in both directions. If it remains un-enforced they might as well take the signs down.

Northbound it’s a nightmare in busy traffic becasue the ban ends just before the A11 slip. You then have cars trying to get in at the last minute and wagons trying to get out and around captain slow.

I agree, it’s a pointless waste of sign posts.

One day they will decide to go out for a morning or afternoon and just focus on enforcing it. Then everyone will be on here saying how it’s money making, motorists easy target and all that ■■■■■■■■ everyone comes out with. Just because it’s not enforced doesn’t make it ok and doesn’t mean you can moan when they do decide to do a spot check.

It’s only a few miles. Just be patient and stay in lane 1 until the restriction ends. It will cost you what…5 seconds? 10 seconds? To do that. Can’t be patient enough for that then go and look for a job that’s not driving.

DickyNick:

dieseldog999:

DickyNick:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
i disagree.

^^^^^^^^^^^^
in your opinion…cue some holymoly road commander backup?? :slight_smile:

dieseldog999:

DickyNick:

dieseldog999:

DickyNick:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
i disagree.

^^^^^^^^^^^^
in your opinion…cue some holymoly road commander backup?? :slight_smile:

Imagine how some would drive if the trucks weren’t limited

dieseldog999:

DickyNick:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
i disagree.

I disagree! It’s all about drivers not having any self control , pure lack of anticipation and totally selfish driving. I was around before speed limiters and although I don’t agree with them entirely any decent driver will be able to drive to compensate for the limiter and not cause chaos for other road users.
It does not bear thinking about some of today’s drivers driving without limiters. It’s dangerous enough at 50 0dd with the lack of travelling distance we see nowadays.

It’s the ■■■■ everybody else attitude that gets on my ■■■■. They just can’t help themselves. Indicate and pull out regardless of whether they cut somebody up or not.
On my way to work in the morning, usually at around 3am I use a bit of the doncaster bypass (A1).
Quite often a truck will just indicate and immediately pull out in front of me (in my car) even though I’m the only other road user in sight. Why not use the mirror, use the brain and think, I’ll just let this car go then commence my overtake. I really don’t think it’s deliberate, just stupidity.

nomiS36:
It’s the [zb] everybody else attitude that gets on my ■■■■. They just can’t help themselves. Indicate and pull out regardless of whether they cut somebody up or not.
On my way to work in the morning, usually at around 3am I use a bit of the doncaster bypass (A1).
Quite often a truck will just indicate and immediately pull out in front of me (in my car) even though I’m the only other road user in sight. Why not use the mirror, use the brain and think, I’ll just let this car go then commence my overtake. I really don’t think it’s deliberate, just stupidity.

Totally agree, ■■■■ drivers everywhere, nobody cares anymore, well not very many. Glad I am out of it.

DickyNick:

As I recall…

I don’t remember speed freaks doing 70mph passing me every minute of the day before we had limiters. Sure there were the odd one or two (including on occaisions myself) that really hit it hard but for the most part drivers kept it around 60mph. We didn’t have the elephant racing problems because if you caught someone up, you just gave it a drop and went round them.

The tailgating was just as bad then as it now though.

yourhavingalarf:

I agreed with everything you just wrote apart from that ^^^^^ bit. I honestly can’t remember tailgating being a thing in pre limiter days. My theory on why is twofold; firstly, as you rightly commented if you were traveling along at 60mph and caught someone up you’d simply accelerate to 65 or 70mph for a quick and clean overtake and then drop back down to 60. Secondly; lorry drivers back then were acutely aware that they were driving a lorry with poor brakes, no seatbelts and very little in the way of safety aids, as opposed to today’s car drivers who happen to hold a class one who are cocooned in a safety cell and feel invincible.

yourhavingalarf:

DickyNick:

As I recall…

I don’t remember speed freaks doing 70mph passing me every minute of the day before we had limiters. Sure there were the odd one or two (including on occaisions myself) that really hit it hard but for the most part drivers kept it around 60mph. We didn’t have the elephant racing problems because if you caught someone up, you just gave it a drop and went round them.

Did you have tnt mark Thomson and fed ex though before limiters?