Gregory Distribution

Cosmic:
I can only give a few facts. The new depot is on the Nursling estate, but the vehicles are parked at Marchwood. Therefore, drivers have to start duty at Marchwood and take vehicle up to Nursling to be loaded in the early hours. The contract involved the closure of two distribution centres and move them to Southampton. They were Hovis Eastleigh and Allied Bakeries Bournemouth. As you would expect there were some initial operational issues but I believe the operation is stable. They are still seeking more class 2 drivers. There are a few routes using GDL artics also. All the bread lorries are brand new DAF LF 14-tonners in Gregory’s livery, although these are still coming on stream as fast as they can build them.

As an aside, Gregory’s have been hit hard by the unexpected closure of British Ceramic Tile. I’m hearing that this has caused a freeze on driver recruitment in general, with surplus drivers being asked to go and work for different depots within the business.

I’ve seen the new trucks mostly at Bishopstoke COOP Fair oak Road , smart looking for a puddle jumper
Adams Morey must be rubbing their hands with glee

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk