Trucking Hell TV show

What a load of ■■■■■■

Playing death defying music whilst pulling an 18 tonner 2 ft from a verge.

Im sure the drivers are told to act. Noone can be as much a knobhead as half of them.

cgscott:
What a load of [zb].

Im sure the drivers are told to act. Noone can be as much a knobhead as half of them.

Where’s a trucker doing a “Dixon” trying to drive around West End Streets without taking some cars with him…?

cgscott:
What a load of [zb].

That is why I never watch any tv programme with either the word ''truck or ‘‘trucking’’ in the title, as they are invariably dog ■■■■, and bear no resemblance to the real life job. :bulb:
They are made for the truck equivalent of train spotters with boring lives.

Oh, I don’t know. These programs do have their uses. That series on stobarts (can’t remember what it was called. Rigs and dicks, or something like that) when I used to to RDC work. Could always tell when it had been on the idiot box as the stobbie drivers were all huddled in a corner trying not to draw attention to themselves :laughing:

I find some of those programs amusing especially the drama queen narrating, Outback truckers I do like to watch though.

robroy:

cgscott:
What a load of [zb].

That is why I never watch any tv programme with either the word ''truck or ‘‘trucking’’ in the title, as they are invariably dog [zb], and bear no resemblance to the real life job. :bulb:

How would you know if you don’t watch it ?

If you don’t like watching it then don’t, it’s not hard.

You only have to listen for a minute or so to the tone of the commentators voice on any of those sort of programs to know they are being over dramatic.
Most Drivers know its more a publicity show by Companies using selected “blue eyed brown nose posers”

You are right cgscott, they will be told to act. Whilst I was an AA patrol I attended a breakdown of a car (I use the word loosely ) taking part in the tv program scrappy racers. An offshoot of scrapheap challenge. When I arrived tv producer or who ever says can you go back up the road then we can film you coming, no that wasn’t right can you do it again. Next film me checking car out, this way under car that way under car didn’t need to get under car but that’s what they wanted. clutch gone I think, long time ago but it needed recovery, going to put it on spec lift, from memory it took 4 attempts before they were happy. Think It must have been two hrs before I got away with the car. Total time of fame on the tv about 90 seconds. thebeardedone

thebeardedone:
You are right cgscott, they will be told to act. Whilst I was an AA patrol I attended a breakdown of a car (I use the word loosely ) taking part in the tv program scrappy racers. An offshoot of scrapheap challenge. When I arrived tv producer or who ever says can you go back up the road then we can film you coming, no that wasn’t right can you do it again. Next film me checking car out, this way under car that way under car didn’t need to get under car but that’s what they wanted. clutch gone I think, long time ago but it needed recovery, going to put it on spec lift, from memory it took 4 attempts before they were happy. Think It must have been two hrs before I got away with the car. Total time of fame on the tv about 90 seconds. thebeardedone

Exactly same happens in salvage hunters if you talk to some antique dealers. All set up and the haggling is just for show, prices are agreed beforehand

The fake jeopardy and drama coupled with ■■■■■■■■ over the top comentry makes them totally unwatchable.
On the other hand, I follow a very interesting channel on YouTube that shows recoveries with a huge rotator, he films the incident from start to finish, no ■■■■■ music or fake ■■■■■■■■ drama, it’s very interesting

youtube.com/user/TowmaterEthan

I got asked by a family friend with a property rental company to be their expert valuer on Homes Under the Hammer . All pre scripted and agreed values .
Fortunately I had a European trip come up so I escaped that one .
I have appeared on the big and little screen several times over 40 years for various reasons .
An extra in the film Virgin Soldiers, several appearances in Havoc/ Crash compilation videos when on rescue duties at motorsports events .
An educational documentary about noise when I worked for a fabrication company. A documentary about the world sea fishing championships when I was a steward . A brief interview on Britain’s got Talent when I was chaperoning some kids taking part ( I was a licensed chaperone for kids in performing media or sports events ).
Lots of waiting about , repeating stuff over and over all for a very short section if it’s even used at all.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Suedehead:

robroy:

cgscott:
What a load of [zb].

That is why I never watch any tv programme with either the word ''truck or ‘‘trucking’’ in the title, as they are invariably dog [zb], and bear no resemblance to the real life job. :bulb:

How would you know if you don’t watch it ?

An educated guess…or are you going to tell me I’m completely wrong and that it’s soooo true to life it’s unreal? :neutral_face:
Doubt it somehow.

grumpyken52:
I got asked by a family friend with a property rental company to be their expert valuer on Homes Under the Hammer . All pre scripted and agreed values .
I have appeared on the big and little screen several times over 40 years for various reasons .
An extra in the film Virgin Soldiers, several appearances in Havoc/ Crash compilation videos when on rescue duties at motorsports events .
An educational documentary about noise when I worked for a fabrication company. A documentary about the world sea fishing championships when I was a steward . A brief interview on Britain’s got Talent when I was chaperoning some kids taking part ( I was a licensed chaperone for kids in performing media or sports events ).
Lots of waiting about , repeating stuff over and over all for a very short section if it’s even used at all.

Sometimes this site is brilliant! I neve knew there was such a thing as the world sea fishing championships, let alone stewards for it! How on earth do you do that?! :open_mouth:

Drempels:

grumpyken52:

Sometimes this site is brilliant! I neve knew there was such a thing as the world sea fishing championships, let alone stewards for it! How on earth do you do that?! :open_mouth:

You grow up fishing and learn the art , start to fish in local club competitions , progress to local leagues, county and then national championships . On the way spend many thousands of £s on kit and far too many hours on freezing piers, breakwaters and beaches .
If you are lucky you come to the attention of the powers that be and get invited to represent your country . You also get invited to steward fishing comps if you know the rules and have the temperament to enforce them . Unknown to many , competitive fishing is very strictly governed and severe infringements can result in lifetime bans . There are reasonably large sums up for grabs in prize money in many competitive leagues.
My best year saw winnings of £5800 over the winter leagues from September through to March.
It has been the source of much strife in marriages !

Watched one episode and was over dramatic rubbish. The fact is trucking in the uk is pretty boring. Ice road truckers and highway They hell is in extreme conditions so can be made interesting. But even ice rd truckers was boring after two seasons

grumpyken52:

I was on the muppets once, got the sack

grumpyken52:

Drempels:

grumpyken52:

You grow up fishing and learn the art , start to fish in local club competitions , progress to local leagues, county and then national championships . On the way spend many thousands of £s on kit and far too many hours on freezing piers, breakwaters and beaches .
If you are lucky you come to the attention of the powers that be and get invited to represent your country . You also get invited to steward fishing comps if you know the rules and have the temperament to enforce them . Unknown to many , competitive fishing is very strictly governed and severe infringements can result in lifetime bans . There are reasonably large sums up for grabs in prize money in many competitive leagues.
My best year saw winnings of £5800 over the winter leagues from September through to March.

:open_mouth: Bloody hell, there’s an awful lot to it! Thanks for the insight, never been into it but it’s nice to learn stuff. I’m thinking of the technicalities, do you sit in a boat and watch for cheating? How would you cheat anyway? Sorry if I sound like an ignoramus!

Drempels:

grumpyken52:

Drempels:

grumpyken52:

:open_mouth: Bloody hell, there’s an awful lot to it! Thanks for the insight, never been into it but it’s nice to learn stuff. I’m thinking of the technicalities, do you sit in a boat and watch for cheating? How would you cheat anyway? Sorry if I sound like an ignoramus!

I did the shore fishing championships , each fisherman has a defined marked area to fish in and must stay withing that area , they must only communicate with their team manager and the stewards , they have restrictions on equipment and a given amount of bait , additives and attractors are strictly banned , all fish caught must be identified checked , measured and if they meet the qualification size recorded by the steward . Each team of stewards will look after a certain number of competitors, the championships are fished over several days and nights at several venues and there are mens and womens teams . The stewards are rotated at random over venues and competitors .
We had the four home nations plus France, Germany, Belgium, Spain,Italy, Portugal, Brazil and Canada.
Yes we did catch a few cheats .
We did not get paid but did get some free clothing and some kit .
I have helped encourage young anglers and competed against several national and a couple of world champions.
Through physical health restrictions I have not fished for several years but it was a great way to unwind after a stressful time at work , competitive fishing is very different to pleasure angling.
All types of angling is the highest number of active participants of any sport .

There is nothing real about reality television. I have had a couple of bits on t.v. and as said a lot of waiting about and doing that take again.