Anyone want to run away and join the circus?

Did you ever want to run away and join the circus when you were younger ■■? Now you can !

One is looking for a driver with a C+E licence to work with them for the season. You get mobile accommodation provided and have to help out with general duties, including putting up the Big Top. You also have to be comfortable at heights !!

Doesn’t say the pay mind - but you have to admit it would be interesting !

indeed.co.uk/cmp/Exchange-E … rops&vjs=3

Responsible for the tractor and trailer…

Bet it’s three trailers :laughing:

I can’t believe no one has said the obvious yet
I bet the management are a bunch of clowns [emoji6][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
I’ll fetch my coat

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

blue estate:
I can’t believe no one has said the obvious yet
I bet the management are a bunch of clowns [emoji6][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
I’ll fetch my coat

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Maybe that’s taken as given these days? :laughing:

If it’s any thing like it was when I did it as a youngster, it’s hard craft, rigging and pulling down the top, ladders, what ladders, being 50+ feet up walking across the top, then sliding down onto the pile of empty bags, 3meals a day, interesting sleep accomadation, groupies in some towns, and the real possibility of being the 3rd clown, going round fly posting, working in the box office…

Basically for a single bloke, who isn’t afraid of a bit of hard work, go for it, never know might fall for the trappezze girl…

You will be exempt from just about all laws, since showmen have a large lobby in Parliament. A lot of the moves will be at night. The show ends at midnight which is when you pull down and there’ll be nothing left on site by 8 am. Don’t expect the latest superduperturboglobetrotter with all the bells and whistles either, it’ll be an old Waltzer. :smiley:

I thought this was Stobarts looking for drivers when I seen the title

The vacancy if filled, seems someone called “Nelly” got the job …

peirre:

Has she got a Big Top?

waddy640:

peirre:

Has she got a Big Top?

no a trunk

waddy640:

peirre:

Has she got a Big Top?

I dunno about the size of her ■■■■■ but I hear she might need a wide load board strapping to her backside

Coat, Hat, taxi …

biggriffin:
never know might fall for the trappezze girl…

As long as she doesn’t fall for you…

cav551:
You will be exempt from just about all laws, since showmen have a large lobby in Parliament. A lot of the moves will be at night. The show ends at midnight which is when you pull down and there’ll be nothing left on site by 8 am. Don’t expect the latest superduperturboglobetrotter with all the bells and whistles either, it’ll be an old Waltzer. :smiley:

Probably an old ERF or Foden.

During my misspent youf I worked for Bert Stokes traveling fun fair, £5 per week and your grub, oh yes and all you could cheat out of the punters …