A question about night out allowance

I see jobs saying £25 night allowance, is this normally your money, or do you have to pay parking fees out of it?

Yours.

Decent companies will pay parking extra of wanted/required.

Some won’t pay and then you choose either park free or spend it on parking…

It’s for you and you spend it on what you want - food drink showers etc. It’s not to pay for the parking of your bosses truck.

Cheers guys

kcrussell25:
Yours.

You should NEVER pay for your own parking. :unamused: if you do you’re a bloody fool…end of.
Even my lot pay for parking, but if they didn’t, I’d deliberately park in the most potential place to get my load/fuel nicked.
They would sure as hell pay for parking eventually after that…so don’t encourage the tight arsed ■■■■ s !! :bulb:

robroy:

kcrussell25:
Yours.

You should NEVER pay for your own parking. :unamused: if you do you’re a bloody fool…end of.
Even my lot pay for parking, but if they didn’t, I’d deliberately park in the most potential place to get my load/fuel nicked.
They would sure as hell pay for parking eventually after that…so don’t encourage the tight arsed [zb] s !! :bulb:

Just to be clear I am not encouraging anyone to pay for parking that they can’t get back but I know some do.

I get parking paid which I may or may not use depending on location. If I didn’t have the option I wouldn’t take the job in the first place

35 yrs since I did a night out.
1.Can anyone enlighten me, when did drivers start paying to park the bosses truck?
2. Why do they do it?
I am genuinely baffled by this notion of paying to park out of the drivers subsistence money, so if anyone could enlighten me…

cheekymonkey:
35 yrs since I did a night out.
1.Can anyone enlighten me, when did drivers start paying to park the bosses truck?
2. Why do they do it?
I am genuinely baffled by this notion of paying to park out of the drivers subsistence money, so if anyone could enlighten me…

1. Some idiots started paying for parking when their bosses saw they were actually stupid enough to do so.

2.A combination of stupidity, spinelessness, and insanity.

Hope that enlightened you. :smiley:
(And for the record I’m also baffled…but sadly not surprised. :unamused: )

Who actually knows someone who has ever paid to park knowing they wouldn’t get the money back?

It’s all “I heard” “Someone told me”.

mrginge:
Who actually knows someone who has ever paid to park knowing they wouldn’t get the money back?

I have seen people complaining on Facebook about paying to park from their night out money and it not covering it and making up the difference if that counts?

mrginge:

Know what you’re saying mate, but I’d bet a week’s wages that some sure as hell do, …maybe even some on here, but nobody is going to admit it are they. :unamused:

As I’ve said before,.drivers never cease to amaze me in what they do and what they are willing to put up with, without questioning it.

kcrussell25:

mrginge:

I have seen people complaining on Facebook about paying to park from their night out money and it not covering it and making up the difference if that counts?

Ok then it does happen considering what they post all their ‘friends’ see so hopefully they get laughed at and judged. :smiling_imp:

mrginge:

I don’t.
Why would you :confused:

mrginge:

kcrussell25:

mrginge:

Ok then it does happen considering what they post all their ‘friends’ see so hopefully they get laughed at and judged. :smiling_imp:

To be fair the couple of posts I saw they very much were judged

robroy:

kcrussell25:
Yours.

They would sure as hell pay for parking eventually after that…so don’t encourage the tight arsed [zb] s !! :bulb:

I don’t do tramping fella not interested in it. But my mate does tramping, I remember him telling me while back, he has to claim back money from receipts, they don’t pay him night money into account. He can only spend night money (that qualifies for night out payments) to get receipts for shower, parking, food and spare parts blubs etc. Some things don’t ‘qualify’ even if they are cheap enough to buy (I can’t remember what they are but I will ask him later) so he not get money back from receipts . Because he takes his own food I vaguely remember him telling me not much to spend on but parking. I give him a bell later to check but I’m sure this is it.

wolves:

robroy:

kcrussell25:
Yours.

I don’t do tramping fella not interested in it. But my mate does tramping, I remember him telling me while back, he has to claim back money from receipts, they don’t pay him night money into account. He can only spend night money (that qualifies for night out payments) to get receipts for shower, parking, food and spare parts blubs etc. Some things don’t ‘qualify’ even if they are cheap enough to buy (I can’t remember what they are but I will ask him later) so he not get money back from receipts . Because he takes his own food I vaguely remember him telling me not much to spend on but parking. I give him a bell later to check but I’m sure this is it.

Just spoke to him. He can spend on anything pretty much and claim back receipts, few exclusions which are, wholesale food items, electronics battery, cigarettes, achohol, prescription medicines, iron wool, certain types of cleaning product(damage paintwork), chewing gum, chocolate (summertime only) and few other can’t remember but not too many more. But they do recommend he use money for parking for his safety. ■■■■■■

Last place I worked at. Was there 2 years got £25 cash in hand on a Fri for every night out I had once handed I time sheet.
Then out the blue they starter asking us all for reciepts

Wanted them.for food stuff.bought on nights out god.knows why.
Told the woman I take stuff and.you trying getting a recipet from snack vans local shops etc…
Use.to just hand her reciepts from Tesco weatherspoons for my tea etc.
Duno why as still got 25 a night anyway

Plus be interesting hear what others get paid per night out.

I’ve been on 25 for 4 years now. Personally think should be raised as over past 4 years price of food etc bass risen . Yes we have had a 3%pay rise last year. 1st one ever but so did day drivers.

Night out allowance…

Can be asked for in cash (and must be paid accordingly in cash) before you leave the yard.

Any company that knows its workers will incur business expenses must have the facilty to fund those expenses in cash if the employee asks for it.

edd1974:
Last place I worked at. Was there 2 years got £25 cash in hand on a Fri for every night out I had once handed I time sheet.
Then out the blue they starter asking us all for reciepts

Wanted them.for food stuff.bought on nights out god.knows why.
Told the woman I take stuff and.you trying getting a recipet from snack vans local shops etc…
Use.to just hand her reciepts from Tesco weatherspoons for my tea etc.
Duno why as still got 25 a night anyway

Plus be interesting hear what others get paid per night out.

I’ve been on 25 for 4 years now. Personally think should be raised as over past 4 years price of food etc bass risen . Yes we have had a 3%pay rise last year. 1st one ever but so did day drivers.

I get £20 tax free in wages per night out plus any parking reimbursed, including meal vouchers if added.

I also get £10 daily food allowance which is tax free whether I’m out or just on a day run.

They also gave us a 12% pay rise in November.

I’m aware of a couple of firms who only pay the 1st £15 of parking