DVLA doing their job

scontent-cdg2-1.■■.fbcdn.net/v/ … e=5CE46471

The thing to learn from this is not to drive round with big white rectangles on your vehicle. It looks proper dodgy and dvsa are bound to wonder what you’re hiding! :laughing:

Is that belonging to the Irish firm I think it does?

Own Account Driver:
Is that belonging to the Irish firm I think it does?

Yeah.

Seem to remember one of theres on display in dover a few years back coverd in seizure stickers.

Didnt they win irish haulier of the year recently?

The same Irish firm that a regular poster on here used to drive for■■?

Is it the Irish company with a depot in Tamworth?? Sounds like a woman’s name??

Since the original Tweet says that cabotage had been proved, why blank out company name?
I can understand if it was an unproven allegation, or prosecution pending, but…?

What is the point in just seizing the vehicle? The whole lot, load included, should go in the crusher. Then they’ll learn.:imp:

whiplash:

He was on twitter saying that all the loads that the company deliver originate from Ireland and because they are not going back to Ireland regularly and only collecting trailers from the quayside @ Liverpool, Birkenhead etc for onward delivery that is where they are falling foul of the Cabotage rules.
Don’t shoot the messenger that what he was saying on Twitter
I do know that Liverpool port police and VOSA/DVSA are targetting Irish firms for the same reason at the Ferry terminals and the Irish hauliers that have drivers and trucks based in England have been shipping trucks back to Ireland once a week

Just wondering, do the cabotage rules apply to the vehicle or the driver or both? Thinking if a driver goes home but hands the vehicle over to another driver. I’d google it, but have had too much vino collapso to make sense of anything official looking, and if I wait until tomorrow I’ll have forgotten about it.

WhiteTruckMan:
Just wondering, do the cabotage rules apply to the vehicle or the driver or both? Thinking if a driver goes home but hands the vehicle over to another driver. I’d google it, but have had too much vino collapso to make sense of anything official looking, and if I wait until tomorrow I’ll have forgotten about it.

I will remind you tomorrow !

Plenty at it, and not just the irish. A drive through immingham at the weekend will see no end ee boys sat waiting for there trailers.

The trailer may be on a international journey but picking it up from the port and moving it down the road to its final delivery point is not. Hence the cabotage.

WhiteTruckMan:

As I understand it, the Cabotage concerns the vehicle and its country of origin. It is the vehicle that runs under a permit, not the driver. So it is only the vehicle that has to cross a border. Any border will do, doesnt have to be to country of origin. An Irish reg truck swopping trls in the UK and going to say, France is not involved in cabotage even if it never returns to Eire. An English driver in an Irish truck can still commit cabotage offences on the UK.
As I see it, the vehicle can make unaccompanied trips to reset cabotage rules.

Intake/l39:

whiplash:

He was on twitter saying that all the loads that the company deliver originate from Ireland and because they are not going back to Ireland regularly and only collecting trailers from the quayside @ Liverpool, Birkenhead etc for onward delivery that is where they are falling foul of the Cabotage rules.
I do know that Liverpool port police and VOSA/DVSA are targetting Irish firms for the same reason at the Ferry terminals and the Irish hauliers that have drivers and trucks based in England have been shipping trucks back to Ireland once a week

No sympathy so.We all know the rules,and its taking work away from UK hauliers.
I remember seeing of a Dundalk based haulier,caught at the same craic a few years ago.Made it to a thread/post on here.Called to a meeting with customs in UK to discuss fine etc.,and release of vehicle.
At the hauliers request the meeting was cancelled and rescheduled.Guess what?Never even bothered to ring second time,to reschedule,just never showed up.If I recall vehicle was sold by UK Customs.And righlty so.

whiplash:

Intake/l39:

whiplash:

I remember seeing of a Dundalk based haulier,caught at the same craic a few years ago.Made it to a thread/post on here.Called to a meeting with customs in UK to discuss fine etc.,and release of vehicle.
At the hauliers request the meeting was cancelled and rescheduled.Guess what?Never even bothered to ring second time,to reschedule,just never showed up.If I recall vehicle was sold by UK Customs.And righlty so.

Whilst I agree we all know the rules if the said company changes it’s practices it will not mean one bit of extra work for UK companies they are lifting their own trailers out of the Irish coast ports just means that the drivers will go over to Ireland more often.

It is the unit that comes under the cabotage rules know of someone caught at Castle Kennedy he just got the ferry back to Belfast changed units and came straight back on the next boat with the same load

Mazzer2:

whiplash:

Intake/l39:

whiplash:

Whilst I agree we all know the rules if the said company changes it’s practices it will not mean one bit of extra work for UK companies they are lifting their own trailers out of the Irish coast ports just means that the drivers will go over to Ireland more often.

It is the unit that comes under the cabotage rules know of someone caught at Castle Kennedy he just got the ferry back to Belfast changed units and came straight back on the next boat with the same load

This. Never was and never would be UK hauliers work. All that happens as said is units will be shipped back and forth with trailers which means guess what? The UK misses out on the tax they would have paid fueling up in the UK. I agree that we need Cabotage rules but in my opinion enforcing them this way is a mistake that only harms not helps the British economy

Probably about time trailers had a proper registration system. I’m guessing ANPR is their major source of intel on this. Also if I wanted to pick an Irish operator to force off English roads, by making their operations difficult, they would be well down the list.

Own Account Driver:
Probably about time trailers had a proper registration system. I’m guessing ANPR is their major source of intel on this. Also if I wanted to pick an Irish operator to force off English roads, by making their operations difficult, they would be well down the list.

Once again OAD,a very fair point.Lots above(or below) VT deserve to be off the roads.Here and UK!

whiplash:

Own Account Driver:

Once again OAD,a very fair point.Lots above(or below) VT deserve to be off the roads.Here and UK!

Why? explain why they should have their licence revoked

Mazzer2:

whiplash:

Own Account Driver:

Why? explain why they should have their licence revoked

Didnt say they should;I actually said theres lots other than VT Id have off the road,before VT.