Anyone worked or is still working for reed bordall?

Hi guys and gals. I’ve just got my class 1 licence and am researching various companies in North yorkshire for potential new employers. I’ve got a couple more assessment drives one of which is with Reed Bordall. Had an interview with a chap there and it seems like a good setup etc.
Are there any current or past drivers who can give me any feedback of the company and what they’re like to work for?
All help appreciated.

Jasesonix:
Hi guys and gals. I’ve just got my class 1 licence and am researching various companies in North yorkshire for potential new employers. I’ve got a couple more assessment drives one of which is with Reed Bordall. Had an interview with a chap there and it seems like a good setup etc.
Are there any current or past drivers who can give me any feedback of the company and what they’re like to work for?
All help appreciated.

Type in the Forum search box > there should be quite a few topics about them.

Don’t only rely on the info given here. If you’re offered the job take it and try to get some experience under your belt + you can make your own opinion about Reed Boardall. Also give it a go if you have a good feeling after the assessment and interview :slight_smile:

Also somebody will probably have worked for them on here and shares his/her view of them

Tipperdipper1:

Jasesonix:
All help appreciated.

Type in the Forum search box > there should be quite a few topics about them.

Don’t only rely on the info given here. If you’re offered the job take it and try to get some experience under your belt + you can make your own opinion about Reed Boardall. Also give it a go if you have a good feeling after the assessment and interview :slight_smile:

Also somebody will probably have worked for them on here and shares his/her view of them

Cheers tipper, ive actually just been doing that search lol

Did they mention if you have a accident your liable for the first £500?

Laybys for nites out no truck stops, unless authority from pointy shoes.

Jack-knife:

No. He said if anything is damaged through negligence then itll be paid by me @£10 pw until paid. If crash or damage truck badly then it’s goodbye! I think its fair considering im a newbie

biggriffin:
Laybys for nites out no truck stops, unless authority from pointy shoes.

Apparently theres no nights out unless I particularly want them…which I dont.

It’s a start and you can probably get the shifts your looking for you won’t know till you try it.
Typical fridge work no one wants to park up next to a ratteling fridge all night anyway.
Good Luck

Jack-knife:
It’s
Typical fridge work no one wants to park up next to a ratteling fridge all night anyway.
Good Luck

I’ve got three next to me tonight, including mine, purring like kittens… :smiley:

I went for the interview but never took the job, because of the accident disclaimer. Money wasn’t that great, this was about 8 or 9 years ago.
Another thing I didn’t like was you were expected to do as you’re told. Max hours and probably not your own vehicle even when you’re doing nights out.
Not good but OK to get some experience.

sent using smoke signals

biggriffin:

Jack-knife:
It’s
Good Luck

I’ve got three next to me tonight, including mine, purring like kittens… :smiley:

Sorry didn’t catch that you’ll have to speak up I’ve got me ear plugs in :laughing:

Jasesonix:

Jack-knife:

No. He said if anything is damaged through negligence then itll be paid by me @£10 pw until paid. If crash or damage truck badly then it’s goodbye! I think its fair considering im a newbie

Who decides what’s negligence?

I have walked away from job offers because of that type of clause.

They know you are a new driver and they have decided to take the risk on you so that’s their choice. Everyone knocks Stobarts but they don’t have that type of clause

Jack-knife:
It’s a start and you can probably get the shifts your looking for you won’t know till you try it.
Good Luck

I have the great advantage of being hard of hearing.(wear hearing aid) so I’ll not be hearing no fridges if I happen to do any nights out lol

Jasesonix:

Jack-knife:

No way is it fair, couldn’t care less how much anyone needs the job for experience but if that clause is the there then I wouldn’t be interested!

As pointed out they want you to drive, know your inexperienced so they should get their insurance sorted to cover it!

£10 pw may not sound a lot but you can bet the damage will be charged at overpriced dealer costs and you’ll be paying forever!

Not for me at all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’d have to be pretty desperate or they’d have to be paying very good money before I’d work anywhere where you have to pay for damage.

At best as a newbie I’d use them for experience then get out of there sharpish.

What happens if you have not paid off your debt for damage if you want to leave?

I wouldn’t work there and would never advise a newbie to risk it.

Jasesonix:

Jack-knife:

No it’s not fair at all. This is what insurance is for and is assume their insurance allows new passes so will be priced accordingly.

Negligent damage should be a disciplinary procedure, not a financial penalty.

stevieboy308:
I’d have to be pretty desperate or they’d have to be paying very good money before I’d work anywhere where you have to pay for damage.

At best as a newbie I’d use them for experience then get out of there sharpish.

Don’t worry about any damage as your only using them for experience…oh wait. Brilliant idea!

OP is new so prob not best place to work for.

I dont think it’ll put me off if I have a job offer. Itll just make me more careful. Got to prove to them that I can reverse first when I have my assessment drive.

Hi, I have worked there twice since I retired. Both times as a casual driver. From my point of view they were sound. Only reason I’m not there now is the knees have gone. Yes they have the accident clause but I have witnessed a new driver drive through the pole barrier before fully lifted not only did he keep his job they didn’t charge him. If you are not a tramper take a sleeping bag or learn to say NO very quickly as the pointy’s will have you running all over. Very marmite company, some drivers been there decades some just days. Lots of newbys, Clean work. If you go there remember do what you know you can do not what they say you can. Good luck thebeardedone