Been told not to do 'unnecessary' manual entries

ezydriver:
All this in the name of ‘efficiency’. Somehow I suspect they’re minute pinching, as we’re paid off our tachos.

I’m of the opinion this is legally wrong because once I enter the office at the start of my shift (bang on the particular hour), I’m on duty, waiting for keys and paperwork, and walking to my vehicle, none of which I’m doing for love, all of which I’m doing to earn money under the instruction of my employer. I’m always visualising what Mr. VOSA would say about the things I’m often asked to do should I be stopped at the roadside, and my tacho/vehicle inspected.

I’ve politely told them I shall continue entering manual entries, and my manager, weirdly enough, sided with me :open_mouth: but is simply trying to implement the order from above

What’s your opinion on this?

If they pay from the tacho, then ■■■■■■■■ to them. Manual entry all the way. Like you say, you’re on duty as soon as you walk through the door, if they haven’t got a lorry or load for you then it’s their problem, you’re not there to sit on your arse unpaid.

Does sound like your boss has a little bit of backbone left.