Strange Containers

Saw a skelly with 2x 20’ boxes on earlier, but there were what looked like 4 on the trl.

Two were about 6’ high, and there were two more about 4’ high on top of them.

Did I imagine it, or have I just never seen them before?!

Drempels:
Saw a skelly with 2x 20’ boxes on earlier, but there were what looked like 4 on the trl.

Two were about 6’ high, and there were two more about 4’ high on top of them.

Did I imagine it, or have I just never seen them before?!

U imagine it

sounds like half heights, they use them out of the Winfrith power station site with decontamination stuff in going to Sellafield, on the way out singles back load 4x empties, mind you they might have finished now as its being opened up as an industrial estate.

hotel magnum:
sounds like half heights, they use them out of the Winfrith power station site with decontamination stuff in going to Sellafield, on the way out singles back load 4x empties, mind you they might have finished now as its being opened up as an industrial estate.

I see. They were on the M6 in ■■■■■■■■ so that would make sense. Thanks very much! :slight_smile:

Off shore sea boxes.

Sound like half-heights, used to be very popular in the 80’s/90’s, did a lot of H/H work for ACL/Cunard, OOCL, ACT, OCL in that time usually used for smallish heavy items, steel for export mainly or heavy but small machinery. Used to pick up 40ft H/H’s out of Houston’s in Renfrew that looked like a third height American style box trailers but inside where 2 x 40ft x 3.45ft tubes that contained Ethanol (Unblended Alcohol) brought down from the Highland Distillery’s for Export to the States, you would never have known these 40ft H/H boxes were actually tankers in disguise. A short anecdote the owner of Houstons of Renfrew was reputedly alleged to have found a way to extract a couple of litres of this ethanol without damaging the Customs sealing methods, and mix up a good brew of Scottish Moonshine, however true it was nobody will know but whenever I went in his yard ‘Big Jock’ was always ■■■■■■ but friendly and very funny in a Scottish way :laughing: :wink:

Regards
Dave Penn;

biggriffin:
Off shore sea boxes.

That was my first thought. You see a lot of the usual suspects ferrying them up to Aberdeen or down to Yarmouth for the oil industry.