A56 Bridges

As the M56 is closed overnight for the next two weekends I thought i’d take the A56 from junction 7 of the M60 down to the M6. Are there any bridges on this route? I’m a double decker 16’ 5" - 5 metres - high.

rockclimber:
As the M56 is closed overnight for the next two weekends I thought i’d take the A56 from junction 7 of the M60 down to the M6. Are there any bridges on this route? I’m a double decker 16’ 5" - 5 metres - high.

16 foot bridge on the A56 near Broadheath I’m afraid. I would continue on the M60 to Junction 12 then take the M62 to the M6. If the M62 west is closed at Jct 12, which is has been recently, then come off at Jct 11 and follow the A57 to the M6 that way.

Many thanks

How about junction 3 off the 60 and down the A34 to the A500?

You’re welcome.

If coming from Stockport direction best bet is come off at next junction a6144 sale water park. Round the roundabout back onto the m60. Then take the next slip road yes it is signed for m56. But it will bring you into princess parkway joining the m56 just after the closure.
Or off at junction 11 follow a57 it eventually brings your at thellwall viaduct…
If coming from Trafford centre direction shouldt affect you as above the m56 slip road takes you round and on past the closure.

But you all really need to familiarise yourself with the area as once they have finished resurfacing the s harston link. Phase 2 begins . Which is making j6 -j8 into another smart motorway .
And the obv alternative route would be m62 but that’s being upgraded at the same time.
So can only cause chaos when it’s starts and has over night closures.

Or depdning where you are use the new airport linkroad bypass a555 think it is.
Runs from just the a6 near lyme park straight through to Manchester airport and onto the m56.
Has a couple of junctions and and off it along the way. 1 at brookside garden centre poynton. Not sure where others are.
I find if going Manchester towards Buxton chesterfield etc. It’s a better than struggling along the a6 through hazel grove