Pocket pressure gauge

Hi I cant find any info on that.
Just wondering are there any pocket pressure gauges suitable for lorry tires?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

This one ebay.us/GZZz82 (Yes, the link says it’s the US ebay site, bit it resolves to the UK site). 19 quid.

Thank you very much. Saves me queuing for the compressor at the yard :wink:

Maybe I’m a snowflake :laughing: but I find it very hard to keep that kind of gauge on the valve as the pressure comes on to it, it wobbles off and you end up letting air out. There do not seem to be many decent reasonably priced gauges that go above 100psi though.

Whatever happened to a quick look and kick of the tyres ■■

No good if you have to put acctual tire pressure on the walkaround sheet. Hs gone mad sort of check

folken83:
No good if you have to put acctual tire pressure on the walkaround sheet. Hs gone mad sort of check

If H&S applied you’d be nowhere near the tyres in case it exposed and took your head with it.

If they want it checking then surely they should supply the gauge.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

folken83:

Then the company gave to supply the equipment with which to do the check. And I presume you are trained to take those tyre pressures?

folken83:

Sounds brilliant, by the time you’ve done your in depth pre checks, manual entries etc, it must be near enough home time.
Never heard of daily checks including checking actual pressures, do you have to go round with a calibrated torque wrench to check the wheel nuts too.

Not yet, but watch this space [emoji41]

Fortunately only want that doing only once a week so far. Still takes about 20min if happen to get to the compressor fast. Good thing is, its a smallish place with only 10 lorries

As part of H&S etc insist on training, PPE, a method study, and risk assessment.
I’m sure after all that lot it’ll be cheaper to have the tyre fitters come round once a week and do it correctly

I bought one of these last year off ebay, only £8.00. good sturdy item. every driver should be supplied with one.
A great thing to have, and surprising how many tyres i find under-inflated.
also a good way to confirm slow puncture’s etc.

Pang Heavy Duty Truck & Plant Tyre Pressure Gauge Commercial Agri Tyres 150 psi
seller…somersetcommercials (109884 )

peirre:
As part of H&S etc insist on training, PPE, a method study, and risk assessment.
I’m sure after all that lot it’ll be cheaper to have the tyre fitters come round once a week and do it correctly

This is what our lot do.

Tyre company comes round on a Saturday. Check pressures, tread depths and visual inspection of each tyre. Email sent to bosses with all the details.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

The thing is if every driver actually checks the tyre pressures daily, they will soon need pumping up.

Add in the quite large seasonal tyre pressure changes just to add to the confusion.

Plus a leaking valve core resulting in a flat tyre as you cant get the valve cap back on as its wet.

Or the valve extension that doenst want to play ball.

Does everyone know what pressures the tyres run in their different fitted locations?

Only decent tyre gauges are made by PCL and are about 30 quid, anything else is just pants.

It’s a good idea if it’s only a weekly check and your a tramper.

If it’s daily though then tis a bit silly.
For me though a quick look at each tyre is good enough for me.

Trickydick:
The thing is if every driver actually checks the tyre pressures daily, they will soon need pumping up.

Add in the quite large seasonal tyre pressure changes just to add to the confusion.

Plus a leaking valve core resulting in a flat tyre as you cant get the valve cap back on as its wet.

Does everyone know what pressures the tyres run in their different fitted locations?

Only decent tyre gauges are made by PCL and are about 30 quid, anything else is just pants.

I had a PCL Gauge, it was the old sliding scale type, dead accurate but cost me about £35 in 1984

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wheel Nut:

Trickydick:

I had a PCL Gauge, it was the old sliding scale type, dead accurate but cost me about £35 in 1984

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They still make them and its was I use, they are about the same price as what you paid all them years ago!

Only decent tyre gauges are made by PCL and are about 30 quid, anything else is just pants

All our truck/trailers have tyre pressures/torques values showing on the wheel arch above each wheel, which is a good idea.

And the cheap tyre gauge I mentioned seems to do the job just fine, it can be hard to determine pressure on inside tyres from just a kick, especially when fitted to deckers with low access. when pressures are low the outer wheel bears the weight and they often seem/appear fine until checked with the gauge.

For the OP.I have just checked on ebay and they are still listing them.