Another one on it side

Motherwell this morning, as if the snow wasn’t causing enough problems this knob end causes total gridlock on one of the busiest roads in the area.
I’m beginning to think licences are freely available in lucky bags or christmas crackers these days.

Driver was ok.

Sleepy truck in Motherwell this morning.The third in as many years to hit this bridge.

What’s the height of that bridge,obviously not high enough before anyone else says it.

bobbya:
What’s the height of that bridge,obviously not high enough before anyone else says it.

Clearly marked at 15ft

alfa man:

bobbya:

Clearly marked at 15ft

Looks a lot lower in that picture,thank you for the reply.

Easy to miss that bridge, what is it 8 to 10ft thick (top to bottom) around 40 ft wide and built like a battleship blotting out the skyline :unamused:

perhaps BM stands for Bridge Magnet, they do seem to like them lately

Think he lost it in the snow tbh,looks like a blizzard struck…

alfa man:

bobbya:

Clearly marked at 15ft

Strangely enough there are no signs on the bridge itself, none showing on google earth either, dated July 18 (if i’ve got the right bridge, A721 between 2 roundabouts ?) . Seems a bit odd :question:

Bizarrely enough, have a look at the photo on the front page of this, dated 2014 :-

ukroadsliaisongroup.org/down … 007522A481

manski:

alfa man:

bobbya:

Clearly marked at 15ft

Strangely enough there are no signs on the bridge itself, none showing on google earth either, dated July 18 (if i’ve got the right bridge, A721 between 2 roundabouts ?) . Seems a bit odd :question:

Bizarrely enough, have a look at the photo on the front page of this, dated 2014 :-

same lorry,had bm photoshoped on it

manski:

alfa man:

bobbya:

Clearly marked at 15ft

yes thats the one. Live not far from it. Busy part of town too.

Licenses must come in lucky bags now.

Was undertook last night by Carl “Superman” in his artic then proceeded to chicane to overtake another artic , nearly putting it on its side. Then having to emergency stop as the lights changed to red.

At Shawhead flyover last night around 2am…complete madness & not far from post location as it happens.

Coulthard’s paying not much more than minimum wage and getting exactly the caliber of driver they deserve.

At the last place I worked, guy done the exactly the same as at this bridge. It’s always a really busy road with a constant stream of cars and both seem to have been lucky in that they never landed on top of someone coming the other way. [emoji44]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

damoq:
At the last place I worked, guy done the exactly the same as at this bridge. It’s always a really busy road with a constant stream of cars and both seem to have been lucky in that they never landed on top of someone coming the other way. [emoji44]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They are insured. Just means another driver has lost his job. Although i think if your running into a bridge especially if it is signed this should be logged on your record for future employers to see when you apply for a job.

Soon weed out the driver who drive without due care and attention.

harrawaffa:
Coulthard’s paying not much more than minimum wage and getting exactly the caliber of driver they deserve.

They’re heavily reliant on agency drivers. I don’t drive for them myself (nor have I ever) but we do see a lot of them at various customer yards we both frequent. I could tell a few stories but shall refrain in this instance. All I’ll say is, it ain’t pretty but it’s entertaining to watch.

Just for balance, they do have a few decent lads driving for them.

rabb:

harrawaffa:

They’re heavily reliant on agency drivers. I don’t drive for them myself (nor have I ever) but we do see a lot of them at various customer yards we both frequent. I could tell a few stories but shall refrain in this instance. All I’ll say is, it ain’t pretty but it’s entertaining to watch.

Just for balance, they do have a few decent lads driving for them.

They were advertising for drivers not 2 weeks ago…

And yes the wage advertised was not that good…

I don’t see the problem.
He knew he wasn’t going to clear it up right so he obviously attempted a speed skid to slid under it.
It’s a tricky skill to pull off though as you need something on the other side of the bridge to lift you back up like a ramp. Also he obviously wasn’t going fast enough as he didn’t even get under the bridge.

3/10 for effort.

You should dragons den that idea. Wheels on side of cab and trailer. Tip wagon roll along and a counter lever on either side to upright again when under bridge.

malcolmgbell:
…same lorry,had bm photoshoped on it

Nope, road markings are different as is back of truck.

I guess theres a sign on the bridge there - can’t see it but is a strange angle. I seem to remember BM being one of those who were advertising for brand new drivers so likely paying daftly low wages.

Is Coulthards the official name for BM? Like home bargains is trading name for something else?