Jewsons training bradford

My mate has hiab licence been for interview at jewsons Been told has attended a training course in Bradford if sucsefull. Has any any ideas what to expect involved etc

Lasted 3 weeks at Jewsons…

Says something doesn’t it…■■? :open_mouth:

Only did a bit of shadowing before going alone as I already had my own hiab ticket, so don’t know what ‘training’ he’s going to get?

Think you’re find it’s a week long course. They want in doctranate you in to their ways.

He has had his licence 2 years 6 months experince using it.
We’re in Manchester and he seems to think he will have to undergo a weekend training in Bradford .
Hotel and hire car will be provided.

I am tempted to try hia ab work
but the thought of having to do most / ever other Saturday puts me off.
At min do mon to Fri that’s bad enough… some nights out . Some.nights am.home all depends… can go weeks being home every night.
Yes it’s set hours home every night. But duno really

I’ve never done it, but it sounds like the worst driving job in the world. Blocking streets, tuppenny-ha’penny builders who think they’re John Mowlem, driveways, scaffolding etc etc etc.

Sod that.

Oh, not forgetting the elf n safety freaks in yards, nobheads blocking said yards up with janky vans, depots in places that were unsuitable thirty years ago, with a fraction of today’s population…

Nah.

Done the hiabs with jewson. Run off your feet. 2 or 3 trips to yard a day for reload.

Pay is ok but everyone expect a morning delivery so peoplw normally on your case when you turn up in afternoon as they were promised by the office.

Is a stressfull job. Plenty better hiab jobs out there. Them paying for hiab for a driver says a lot in itself. A weeks course hotel and car hire. Not cheap.