CAZ zones!

Have you seen the amount of councils (44) who have applied for or are implementing these CAZ (clean air zone) measures for next year 2020.

Birmingham for example will be charging.

Private cars = between £6 & £12.50/day

light commercial vehicles over 3.5 tonnes = £12.50/day

Taxi’s & private hire = £12.50/day

HGV’s including buses & coaches = £50 to £100/day

Is your town on the list? Mine is (Bolton) google.com/maps/d/viewer?mi … 679513&z=7

Simple, you want the stuff delivered it costs an extra 100 quid. If its own account stuff like Tesco, I guess they could absorb it unless theres a way to avoid this with Euro 6?

Cant see where Transit type vans go on this unless it should be under 3.5T? This could backfire when people realise they are getting charged more for all home deliveries.

Sorry, but…Middlesbrough? Clean air zone? Waaaahahahahahhaaahahahahhaaaaa!!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Don’t forget some councils are now putting forward proposals to charge all workers £1000 a year to park there car on a works carpark.

Does anyone remeber this being mentioned years ago in Nottingham and boots were taking the council on over it saying it’s unfair. Does anyone remember that story and what the outcome was?

edd1974:
Don’t forget some councils are now putting forward proposals to charge all workers £1000 a year to park there car on a works carpark.

Does anyone remeber this being mentioned years ago in Nottingham and boots were taking the council on over it saying it’s unfair. Does anyone remember that story and what the outcome was?

I was reading about this the other day, Yes Nottingham council has raised £53.7 million in work place parking levies since 2012. :open_mouth: forbes.com/sites/carltonrei … -transport

Harsh as it sounds. Something does need to be done to clean the air etc save the planet.
But charging people with high polluting cars won’t help as we all know there just pay the charge pollution won’t drop.

Only way will ever work is if councils ban them all togther non of this pay you can enter . Just ban dirty polluting cars all togther from.entering city centres.

Manchester is planning it and the mayor said it will be the whole of greater manchester not just the centre. And I quote he also said it is not a tax or money raising scheme. It’s all.about the clean air.

Councils forget that not everyone lives in the city centre which in the case of Nottingham is the only use for the trams, or if you happen to be on the route. The Boots sote is far from many parts of Nottingham.

Love the idea of cycling schemes to reduce pollution. Erm, this is the UK not the Caribbean and thus it ■■■■■■ it down. Plus a lot of these greenies are the same ones which can’t follow road rules for toffee thus are dangerous.

Think Lucy sums up quite a few towns and cities even with these stupid CAZ or whatever idea they have next. Must admit Middlesbrough CAZ could be interesting. :slight_smile:

Lucy:
Sorry, but…Middlesbrough? Clean air zone? Waaaahahahahahhaaahahahahhaaaaa!!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

They don’t call the locals “smoggies” without good reason

Looks like the whole of Scotland according to that.

I plan on getting rid of the car soon and not a second too soon…

It’s getting silly now.

For example nothing is being done about the stupid amount of Internet deliveries causing unnecessary pollution.

Also who does the Ulez Affect? Basically anyone who has an old car so poor people… Or people who can’t afford to buy a new car every 3 years.

I realise we signed up to some silly global imitative to cut our co2 footprint but other countries are not doing the same.
If I’m a shoe maker in Camden for example deliveries may cost me an extra 10k a year so how can I compete with the already low prices of a shoe maker in shenzhen China who doesn’t have to deal with all this nonsense.

We will just end up pricing ourselves out of the market.
I know we need to cut co2 but we also need to be globally competitive.

As for making more fast charging stations… Please don’t.
People in London just see this as free parking.
Even then how do you deal with car firms that refuse to agree on a universal system for charging their vehicles?
You can not charge a Nissan leaf or Toyota prius for example with a tesla charging station…

How can the council even think to splash money on these if they are not universal…
Also everytime I see these things there is only like one or two at the most. How is that going to help at all… :laughing:

adam277:
I plan on getting rid of the car soon and not a second too soon…

It’s getting silly now.

For example nothing is being done about the stupid amount of Internet deliveries causing unnecessary pollution.

Also who does the Ulez Affect? Basically anyone who has an old car so poor people… Or people who can’t afford to buy a new car every 3 years.

I realise we signed up to some silly global imitative to cut our co2 footprint but other countries are not doing the same.
If I’m a shoe maker in Camden for example deliveries may cost me an extra 10k a year so how can I compete with the already low prices of a shoe maker in shenzhen China who doesn’t have to deal with all this nonsense.

We will just end up pricing ourselves out of the market.
I know we need to cut co2 but we also need to be globally competitive.

As for making more fast charging stations… Please don’t.
People in London just see this as free parking.
Even then how do you deal with car firms that refuse to agree on a universal system for charging their vehicles?
You can not charge a Nissan leaf or Toyota prius for example with a tesla charging station…

How can the council even think to splash money on these if they are not universal…
Also everytime I see these things there is only like one or two at the most. How is that going to help at all… :laughing:

I agree, it makes you wonder how soon will the tipping point be before your trade in car becomes worthless for a trade in value! who’s going to want a perfectly good older diesel car! in the not too distant future, apart from the scrap man, the government will have to come up with a “clunker bill” or the like for your old car.

VW has gone “All-In” on electric cars and announced yesterday that a small cheap family BEV car is not possible for the foreseeable future from them because battery prices are still too high, it’ll mean only the affluent will be able to afford them. :cry:

Lucy:

Even I had to laugh at that Lucy :smiley:

What these companies fail to realise is if the price is too high, people wont buy it then someone else will keep making the ICE ones and get most of the custom.

Toyota and Honda for example dont seem to be going further than hybrid, Kia so far as i know doesn’t seem to be going all in electric and not even seen much from Vauxhall or Ford.

Tesla has gad to admit their cars are too expensive for mass market and obce people get bored of the Tesla hype I suspect they’ll go bust and get taken over by a bigger co. From what i hear they are really badly made esp earlier ones.

As for diesel, I’ll buy them, actually did a little while back. I like my car to be economic and not catch fire easily (already escaped that once, not testing luck twice).

Problem with tesla is the people that love the cars can’t afford to buy them. :laughing:
Go on social media and the people who want a tesla could barely afford a Skoda. :laughing:

trevHCS:
What these companies fail to realise is if the price is too high, people wont buy it then someone else will keep making the ICE ones and get most of the custom.

Toyota and Honda for example dont seem to be going further than hybrid, Kia so far as i know doesn’t seem to be going all in electric and not even seen much from Vauxhall or Ford.

Tesla has gad to admit their cars are too expensive for mass market and obce people get bored of the Tesla hype I suspect they’ll go bust and get taken over by a bigger co. From what i hear they are really badly made esp earlier ones.

As for diesel, I’ll buy them, actually did a little while back. I like my car to be economic and not catch fire easily (already escaped that once, not testing luck twice).

Combustion engines will be banned by 2040 and I dare say a lot sooner than that, which car manufacturer will still be making ICE close to that date in case they will be left with unsold cars because people wont want to be stuck with them & unable to sell them.

Toyota & Honda have been dragging their feet for so long they’ve missed the boat of securing lithium ion battery supplies, it’ll take them at least two years from now to even order the quantities they will need, even the car manufacturers with BEV models cant get their hands on enough to supply demand.

Kia & it’s sister company Hyundai have two BEV models out, the Kia NiroE & the Hyundai Kona EV which by all accounts are really good according to the motoring press.
Ford have thrown the towel in with cars in the USA concentrating on pick up trucks only, Ford Europe have said they plan on hybridizing their current models only for the time being.
Vauxhall haven’t got any BEV model plans for Luton plant as far as I know as yet, there is talk of the Vauxhall Granland X being a hybrid. The new 2019 Vauxhall Corsa BEV is out this year but it’s being made in Zaragoza plant in Spain.

According to their parent company PSA every one of their car models will be electrified in one way or another by 2024.

I saw recently that Southampton city council back tracked on their caz plan.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Interestingly …new diesel car sales down by 30%…but used diesel car values going up.

For people like me who live 250 miles from London and rarely go into a city, these CAZs mean little.

Diesel cars are rubbish in cities anyway.

edd1974:
Harsh as it sounds. Something does need to be done to clean the air etc save the planet.
But charging people with high polluting cars won’t help as we all know there just pay the charge pollution won’t drop.

Only way will ever work is if councils ban them all togther non of this pay you can enter . Just ban dirty polluting cars all togther from.entering city centres.

Manchester is planning it and the mayor said it will be the whole of greater manchester not just the centre. And I quote he also said it is not a tax or money raising scheme. It’s all.about the clean air.

Harsh as it sounds. Something does need to be done to clean the air etc save the planet. Save it from what,all the planet is doing is the same it always has for millions of years,cleaning out the ■■■■,and we just happened to be the ■■■■

Lucy:

They’ll have to close down the chemical plants in Billingham, Seal Sands and Wilton in order to achieve that!

adam277:

Poppycock. Clearly you have done the sum total of zero research and as a result look like a blithering idiot, the kind often seen in Question Time audiences. Euro 4 petrol cars (2005 onward) are exempt from ULEZs, so that includes a 2005 Ford Focus for example, a car you can buy for a few hundred quid.

Diesel is Euro 6 so you’re looking at a couple of years old but if its petrol anything up to 14 years old is fine.