Trucking snowflakes

Was in the office and overheard a driver refuse to take a truck due to it not having a reversing camera. That’s a new one.

A common one I hear is refusing to take a truck out because it’s a manual.

Oh I also distinctly remember a driver refusing to drive a daf because he can’t reverse with a daf unit only with a Scania. :grimacing:

Some people like iphones some like androids. Its just a new age thing innit

adam277:
Oh I also distinctly remember a driver refusing to drive a daf because he can’t reverse with a daf unit only with a Scania. :grimacing:

Cool story bro. Did he also say he called out the police once cos he ran out of time on a bay, they turned up and put chalk round his tyres?

Back in the day…

Driver refused point blank to drive an EPS Merc.

Other drivers have kicked back left hookers and more recently manual gearboxes.

I’ll never forget years ago before smart phones Google maps etc.
We took somone one said had experience etc .
1st day he came in where’s my sat nav? He said last place provided sat nav I don’t have one.
Said no.probpem give you an easy drop today we will try arrange a sat nav for you for tomorrow.

His drop was just off m6 jct 1 m6 gave him.clear directions.
We’re in Manchester.
After a couple of hours we rang him up as no trackers. Asked how was doing . Said won’t be long am.approaching carlise. We questioned him he said no can see jct 43. He turned round came back…god knows where he was going. He said I seen a sign m6 followed it and hoped junction numbers would eventually start again at jct 1

Surely head south wouldve been suffice?

Conor:

adam277:

Cool story bro. Did he also say he called out the police once cos he ran out of time on a bay, they turned up and put chalk round his tyres?

A lad I know of who worked for an own account outfit, attended a drivers meeting with the firm who was taking over the haulage to get to know the new t.s and c.s etc waited for his turn to ask questions , and csme up with …‘‘I’ve only seen Mercs in your firm, but I only ever drive DAFs, do you have any’’
My mate said you could here the howling wind and see the tumbleweed blowing past. :laughing:

adam277:
Was in the office and overheard a driver refuse to take a truck due to it not having a reversing camera. That’s a new one.

A common one I hear is refusing to take a truck out because it’s a manual.

Maybe ‘‘Snowflakes’’ is the wrong term eh?
Try…‘‘Feckless wastes of skin’’ :unamused: … and don’t mention the word ‘‘Trucking’’ in the same sentence when referring to em.

i had a driver wanting to refuse to take a day cab to oxford , reckoned he needed a sleeper cab to do the job . it was a day job and we were based in northampton. he took the day cab.

edd1974:
I’ll never forget years ago before smart phones Google maps etc.
We took somone one said had experience etc .
1st day he came in where’s my sat nav? He said last place provided sat nav I don’t have one.
Said no.probpem give you an easy drop today we will try arrange a sat nav for you for tomorrow.

His drop was just off m6 jct 1 m6 gave him.clear directions.
We’re in Manchester.
After a couple of hours we rang him up as no trackers. Asked how was doing . Said won’t be long am.approaching carlise. We questioned him he said no can see jct 43. He turned round came back…god knows where he was going. He said I seen a sign m6 followed it and hoped junction numbers would eventually start again at jct 1

Did he think the M6 was like the M25, circular? :open_mouth:

Nothing surprises me with some so called “drivers” these days,where I worked we had a driver refuse to do a night out because his coloured telly would not work in a particular vehicle,and he wouldnt be able to see Emmerdale. Another incident I recall whilst on general work in Coventry, before latest technology when maps where the thing of the day,a guy was given a load to Grimsby he asked the way and was told A46 all the way.Traffic Office got a call from him, the call went like this,I followed the A46 as I was told Im in Bath now and can`t see any signs for Grimsby

lolipop:
Nothing surprises me with some so called “drivers” these days,where I worked we had a driver refuse to do a night out because his coloured telly would not work in a particular vehicle,and he wouldnt be able to see Emmerdale. Another incident I recall whilst on general work in Coventry, before latest technology when maps where the thing of the day,a guy was given a load to Grimsby he asked the way and was told A46 all the way.Traffic Office got a call from him, the call went like this,I followed the A46 as I was told Im in Bath now and can`t see any signs for Grimsby

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

tonyj105:
i had a driver wanting to refuse to take a day cab to oxford , reckoned he needed a sleeper cab to do the job . it was a day job and we were based in northampton. he took the day cab.

It takes less than a hour to drive there unless it’s British Grand Prix week

blue estate:

tonyj105:

It takes less than a hour to drive there unless it’s British Grand Prix week

he actually came out with the classic ‘the law states that any journey over an hour and a half requires a sleeper cab’ once i’d finished laughing myself silly , we had a meaningful and forthright conversation on ‘the law’ , hence he took the day cab (we only had 2 out of about 30 tractor units) , i should say he did the same job every day , coll brackmills del milton , a few deliveries round oxford reload abingdon return to lodge farm, he was a day man and hence didn’t ever need a sleeper , just wanted to look the ‘proper trucker’ part

Maybe he was a serial shagger and wanted somewhere to rumble on his break.

I used to take a dolly out in mines and draw the curtains for my 45. After ■■■ it left me a cool 43 minutes for lunch and a snooze.

cgscott:
Maybe he was a serial shagger and wanted somewhere to rumble on his break.

I used to take a dolly out in mines and draw the curtains for my 45. After ■■■ it left me a cool 43 minutes for lunch and a snooze.

Nobody likes a show off…
[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Conor:

adam277:

Im not lying.
Although it was a daf prime mover with the trailer being an a frame.
I just said unit as it was faster.

cgscott:
Maybe he was a serial masturbator and wanted somewhere to rumble on his break.

:open_mouth: :open_mouth:

When I was on agency work at Salveson’s Worcester, one of their full-time drivers went home and lost a day’s pay, rather than take an ERF out. He was an experienced drive - just didn’t like/couldn’t get the hang of the twin splitter.

Santa:
When I was on agency work at Salveson’s Worcester, one of their full-time drivers went home and lost a day’s pay, rather than take an ERF out. He was an experienced drive - just didn’t like/couldn’t get the hang of the twin splitter.

i had to go to salvesen birmingham as the drivers continually defected an ERF 6 wheel rigid for gearbox and clutch problems. took it out with the workshop manager , flawless wasn’t it, eaton 9 speed , one of the best changes i’d come across, up and down the box it went , no clutch , with a clutch, you name it. drivers just didn’t want to drive it , or couldn’t drive it. we had an identical one at northampton and i gave it to one bloke and trained the bejeesus out of him on it.

i spent an hour with an agency geezer on one of our twin split ERF’s , still couldn’t get it , i might as well done the bloody job myself.