Came to my senses

robroy:
:expressionless:

adam277:
I plan on cutting down as well just a month or two to go til I’m part time. :open_mouth:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=ODOrUFgPLpA
A good video.

Jeez mate thanks for cheering me up eh? :unamused: :laughing:
I wouldn’t say I ‘‘hated’’ the job, in fact once over I actually loved it, but all the things that [zb] ed it up since when I started have made me have a different opinion, the list is almost endless.
It started with…Cabphones.

Then Trackers.

Knobheads in offices who have come and gone over the years, who have and tried (and failed :bulb: ) to push me. :smiling_imp:

Very few parking places in comparison to early years.

Bell end spinless drivers you have to work alongside, who have [zb] the job up for the rest of us :smiling_imp: , mostly by the things they are prepared to do…nothing surprises me anymore with those guys . :open_mouth:

The same ones who have ballsed up the hours + overtime pay structures we once had.

The lack of old style ‘‘proper drivers’’ nowadays, as opposed to car drivers with blagged Class1s, when we used to look out for each other in terms of help, empathy and courtesy on the road.

Modern managment with their schoolboy regimes and stupid unnecessary [zb] rules …only to justify their non jobs and titles like ‘‘Compliance Managers’’ ffs :unamused:

I’m sure I could think of many more, but I can’t be arsed, and I’m starting to sound like Del’s Uncle Albert, ‘…‘During the war’’ :laughing: … but I’m sure you see where I’m coming from, and get my drift.

It’s not just you robroy I’m the same now and I’m only 39,fed up big time so I only do days and odd night out around 50-55hr…Iv a family that’s important to me.
In 18 year Iv seen it go to pot,you want to look at what’s ballsed transport up then look in any maritime office and see the conveyor belt of “cloned” office boys who then try and “clone” the driver most of them ■■■■ it up too.
Drivers like my mate too who Iv mentioned on here before will do anything and I mean anything he is told by his firm,doesn’t eat all day as he is scared of losing his £9 an hour job :open_mouth: .
Firms that use microlise telematics and think because a driver gets top marks he is brilliant and then telling a driver with 40 years experience that he needs to improve :imp:
The list is endless,
My job ain’t brilliant it’s rubbish money really but It’s 5 min from my house and it 100 times better than anything else in my area,
Iv thought about getting out but despite what is said on here I can’t find a shelf stacking job that offers more an hour than I get…