Weekend Work in Kent/Medway

Evening all,

I know it’s a quiet time of year but hoping work picks up in the next few weeks.

I’ve contacted a few agencies but we all know what they’re like - mostly full of the brown stuff - full of promises to get you on their books but then nothing heard from them.

Can anyone recommend who to approach for Class 2 weekend work in Kent? I’m based in Medway but prepared to travel.

Any companies who are typically busy at weekends? Any agencies that will do what they say?

Cheer all and have a good week.

Try Brakes at Aylesford. They laid off their artic drivers to concentrate on the C2 fleet last year… Plenty of work, but I’m not sure if it is 24/7. They swallowed the laid-off C2 drivers of P&H when it went ■■■■ up not too long ago, and always seem to be short of C2 drivers…

Mainstream based in Sittingbourne - are the agency I think puts C2 drivers into there…

I’m driving a mixture of C1 and C2 vehicles at Waitrose, but I think you need to have the licence for both categories…

Why only weekend work ?
Do you have another type of job mon to fri ?
If yes then doing one day every other weekend is likely to be your max for driving due to weekly rest rules

ROG:
Why only weekend work ?
If yes then doing one day every other weekend is likely to be your max for driving due to weekly rest rules

Cheers Rog.

Yes, I work throughout the week in an unrelated role but I hope to drive at the weekend to increase my earnings/experience.

Happy to drive the Sat or Sun. :slight_smile:

Winseer:
Try Brakes at Aylesford. They laid off their artic drivers to concentrate on the C2 fleet last year… Plenty of work, but I’m not sure if it is 24/7. They swallowed the laid-off C2 drivers of P&H when it went ■■■■ up not too long ago, and always seem to be short of C2 drivers…

Mainstream based in Sittingbourne - are the agency I think puts C2 drivers into there…

I’m driving a mixture of C1 and C2 vehicles at Waitrose, but I think you need to have the licence for both categories…

Thanks Winseer - I will make some enquiries.

bazzyf:

ROG:
Why only weekend work ?

Cheers Rog.

Yes, I work throughout the week in an unrelated role but I hope to drive at the weekend to increase my earnings/experience.

Happy to drive the Sat or Sun. :slight_smile:

Roughly twice a month then :smiley:

I’ll send you a PM for agency work on weekends

Hyh:
I’ll send you a PM for agency work on weekends

Thanks a lot for the excellent info mate I’ll look into it

bazzyf:
Evening all,

I know it’s a quiet time of year but hoping work picks up in the next few weeks.

I’ve contacted a few agencies but we all know what they’re like - mostly full of the brown stuff - full of promises to get you on their books but then nothing heard from them.

Can anyone recommend who to approach for Class 2 weekend work in Kent? I’m based in Medway but prepared to travel.

Any companies who are typically busy at weekends? Any agencies that will do what they say?

Cheer all and have a good week.

Hello have you tried brakes

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk