More medical tribulations

Roymondo:

remy:
A mate of mine who lives in Leeds (not that that has anything to do with it) partly retired a few years ago and went part time driving the occasional weekend. When he went for his HGV medical one of the questions was concerning alcohol usage and as he had at least five days off he ticked yes for a couple of pints. Apparently the Doctors office were going to send the paperwork to Swansea but forgot till he called them a couple of weeks later to see if they had and then they did. After about a month he got a letter from Swansea saying his licence wasn’t being renewed because he was an ‘alcohol abuser’.

He informed them he worked Sat and Sun so his weekend was five week days long so it’s not like he’s drinking while working but it was no good, they wanted him to go back to the Doctor and the Doctor would decide if he was a drunk or not.

He got his HGV licence after a couple more months after much arguing on the phone and repeated threats to go to Swansea and ‘sort them out’. I used to work with this guy and he’s very responsible and honest so that’s why he ticked yes not thinking two pints a week would be a problem.

Cool story - but there is no such box to tick. The only question asked on the form (which the doctor fills in anyway) is “Number of units of alcohol taken each week”.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

OK, i was trying to remember what he said in his e-mail, it’s been a while, he must have told the Doc then.