Layby etiquette

These signs have gone up in a layby near where I live :laughing: apparently drivers were taking a fancy to doing their business in people’s back gardens! :open_mouth:

That metal fence is new too to keep them out the gardens with 3 new bins and people have still thrown empty cans of beer out the window :unamused:

IMG_20190119_080332.jpg

See it all the time in laybys rubbish, bottles of ■■■■ and worse even when there are bins provided. It’s no surprise that they get closed down.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

I think I would have put a bit of separation between those signs to avoid the danger of misinterpretation. At 6-01 the residents might get some sights they did not want to see :laughing:

The question really should be why in the 21st century in a supposedly rich and developed country, where employers are expected to provide proper “welfare conditions” at work, we allow drivers to park over night in layby’s without the basics facilities we all take for granted?

muckles:
The question really should be why in the 21st century in a supposedly rich and developed country, where employers are expected to provide proper “welfare conditions” at work, we allow drivers to park over night in layby’s without the basics facilities we all take for granted?

^^^^
Spot on mate. :sunglasses:
Answer being…nobody gives a ■■■■. :bulb:

robroy:

muckles:

^^^^
Spot on mate. :sunglasses:
Answer being…nobody gives a [zb]. :bulb:

Some give a crap mate :neutral_face:

Problem is that it’s usually in a layby.

But in the lay-bys where basic facilities are provided, they get ■■■■ spread all over the walls, vandalised and used as drug dens.

MSA’s provide numerous toilets, but look at all the fat lazy barstwerds who just ■■■■ up their wheels, or as has been reported on here, dropping trou beside a trailer and leaving a special delivery.

Humans are filthy animals generally and its seems drivers are some of the worst.

Some people are just useless human beings.

Throwing rubbish out the cab, instead of having a bin and throwing it away properly.

Taking a ■■■■ here there and everywhere. It’s a rare occasion that I night out anywhere with facilities - my preference is laybys and/or industrial estates - the most I’ll ever leave behind is a bit of toothpaste spat out and some washing up water.

A lack of facilities isn’t the problem at all. The problem is with the lazy attitude that infects our whole society - the British way has become “do the bare minimum”. Look at some of the rail bridges etc that have been around since the Victorian times, I seriously doubt that anything we build now will last a similar length of time. Our ridiculous attempts at widening motorway, with new tarmac already ripples and showing the first signs of potholes. FFS we can’t even build things like power stations, railway, even big buildings any more - we’ve got to get a foreign contractor in each time because our politicians have systematically destroyed this county’s ability to do anything other than rearrange numbers on spreadsheets.

So basically its fair game to have a dump in a layby that doesn’t have these signs?

Ewww…is that two guys, one cup ? :open_mouth: :stuck_out_tongue:

I can assure people that not all the mess left in laybys is by HGV drivers .
We have a social section of young people of all sexes that gather in vehicles and tip everything out on the verges and tarmac even within feet of available facilities.
Anywhere that they gather is left looking like a landfill when they leave .

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

grumpyken52:
I can assure people that not all the mess left in laybys is by HGV drivers .
We have a social section of young people of all sexes that gather in vehicles and tip everything out on the verges and tarmac even within feet of available facilities.
Anywhere that they gather is left looking like a landfill when they leave .

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

This country has a problem with littering in general and it’s not confined to a particular group of people, it goes across all sections of society, you look at the state of verges, car parks, strewn with old bottles, fast food wrappers, disposable hot drink containers even household rubbish and then there’s the waste left by fly tippers down some country lane, it’s a national disgrace. :imp:

Right I’m getting off my soapbox before I really go off on a rant. :smiley:

maga:
These signs have gone up in a layby near where I live :laughing: apparently drivers were taking a fancy to doing their business in people’s back gardens! :open_mouth:

That metal fence is new too to keep them out the gardens with 3 new bins and people have still thrown empty cans of beer out the window :unamused:

Nice shiny metal! I wonder how much longer it will last.

No pooing between 8pm & 6am…bit strange allowing it during daylight hours though :laughing:

The plod etc can and do close roads for many hours without warning. What are we supposed to do when stuck in traffic like that.

alamcculloch:
The plod etc can and do close roads for many hours without warning. What are we supposed to do when stuck in traffic like that.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

crap in a plastic bag,then sling it out into the nearest layby… :slight_smile:

Tooz:
Ewww…is that two guys, one cup ? :open_mouth: :stuck_out_tongue:

:smiley:

dieseldog999:
crap in a plastic bag,then sling it out into the nearest layby… :slight_smile:

Not at 10p a time - I’m not made of money !!

Whatever has it come down to having to remind people not to p1ss or ■■■■ on the verge :confused:
Can only think those that do this kind of thing have no respect for either themselves or anyone else…most likely live like it at home…

Few years back was seeing this woman . I don’t anymore. On way back.home she got a.mcdonals ate it in car as I drove back.
She got out took her rubbish and threw it on the floor. Outside her gate despite a wheelie bin in the garden. I screamed at her but she didn’t care. And God help her kids and generation when they grow up.
People these days dont care are selfish. And want everything for nothing.
And they wonder why ee citizens are here. Least there polite mostly.clean and don’t mind working doing rubbish jobs.