Hunter turned gamekeeper

Started organising the transport for a company I covered last year for, as a full time.employee ( long story) He liked my ideas and way I suggested he changed things, that he offered me a job. So this week first week of planning. Only for my truck but going to areas they never covered. Yesterday it was a tremendous success. Today I’d have been calling the planner a complete wassock. Hands up, I got it wrong. Luckily only I paid the price in a very long shift! Always good to see it from both sides!

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

When the company was about half the size it is now I left one of the drivers in charge of the desk for the day. I came back at the end of the day as he trotted off muttering, I don’t know how you do that every day.

No job is as easy as it looks from the outside.

PS welcome to the dark side :laughing:

albion:
When the company was about half the size it is now I left one of the drivers in charge of the desk for the day. I came back at the end of the day as he trotted off muttering, I don’t know how you do that every day.

You aren’t kidding…

Darkside:

albion:

You aren’t kidding…

:wink:

Friend of mine came off the road and into the office when the company in question still only had about 30 trucks and 20 subbies. One night when the TM - a genius when it comes to planning trucks - took a day’s leave it got to 8pm and he still hadn’t sussed out what everyone coming in to turn between then and 9am in the morning when the office opened was doing. In the end he simply dumped all the paperwork in the yard and sent a mass text saying “notes in usual place, pick one and go”…As he said to the TM when she found out, “Everyone got a job and all the jobs got covered, where’s the problem?”… :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Ps. They’re three times the size now. He’s back on the road. :stuck_out_tongue:

I did the odd planning but it was easier as it was for an own account company
We had about 15 of our own trucks and then there were about 6 trucks from subbies

I just got given the delivery sheets and had to work it all out within 2 hours