TOM TOM 6200 Pro

Is there any way I can input a route of my choice with certain roads into this thing?

I tend to find it tries taking me onto smaller residential roads (I work nights, so this is not always good) rather than a main road that may take a couple of minutes longer reaching the destination but this does not bother me.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Is the routing set at shortest. If so change it to fastest.

nomiS36:
Is the routing set at shortest. If so change it to fastest.

Fastest

Check it’s set for truck. Check vechile size settings, …

biggriffin:
Check it’s set for truck. Check vechile size settings, …

Yes all the truck settings are set correctly

Kynszon:
Is there any way I can input a route of my choice with certain roads into this thing?

I tend to find it tries taking me onto smaller residential roads (I work nights, so this is not always good) rather than a main road that may take a couple of minutes longer reaching the destination but this does not bother me.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Yes, route option, navigate via location, set it to the road you would rather take than it taking you.

Also you can do a route planner and do many routes at once.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sutto2018:

Kynszon:

Any ideas?

Cheers

Yes, route option, navigate via location, set it to the road you would rather take than it taking you.

Also you can do a route planner and do many routes at once.

Can you give me an example of how I do this as I am not sure what you mean, even adding the street rather than postcode (if this is what you mean) still doesn’t help

If I want it to take me a certain way I just press on the map where I want to go then go add to current route and it will reroute you via that map marker.

toonsy:
If I want it to take me a certain way I just press on the map where I want to go then go add to current route and it will reroute you via that map marker.

Sorry i must be a bit slow…I don’t understand

toonsy:

Think I’ve got it now…the penny has finally dropped…thanks :smiley:

Kynszon:

toonsy:

Think I’ve got it now…the penny has finally dropped…thanks :smiley:

No worries.

It’s ironic telling a satnav which way to go but generally speaking I choose a route and make the device take me that particular way so I can see traffic delays more than anything.

Don’t follow it regardlessly, use a bit of common some times.

The way I did it was to register with TomTom Mydrive online. You can then create routes and download them onto the unit.

This way you can modify routes and save them for future use.

uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answer … road-trips

Captain_Amateur:
The way I did it was to register with TomTom Mydrive online. You can then create routes and download them onto the unit.

My drive online and app, is the way I program routes. The app is great whilst sat in a RDC, plan route and send to unit and it’s there when you get back in the truck.

droneman:

Captain_Amateur:

My drive online and app, is the way I program routes. The app is great whilst sat in a RDC, plan route and send to unit and it’s there when you get back in the truck.

Just looking at this now and I see how I add the roads I want but it classes them as stop, which is fine, but how do I delete the original roads the Tom Tom came up with?

Also once I have sent it from the app to the device, where do I find it?

I have sent a route but can not find it on the sat nav…where will it be?

Kynszon:

I’m pretty sure they come up under the My Routes icon… Unfortunately I’ve left my SatNav at work so I’ll have to check later.

Captain_Amateur:

Kynszon:

I’m pretty sure they come up under the My Routes icon… Unfortunately I’ve left my SatNav at work so I’ll have to check later.

If you left it at work will you be able to get back there

malcolmgbell:

Captain_Amateur:

Kynszon:

If you left it at work will you be able to get back there

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Luckily I have a Nag Nav in my car too…

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Captain_Amateur:

Kynszon:

I can confirm the routes are stored under the My Routes icon.