Crane licence

What is the most recognised crane licence in the UK ?
I fancy going into machine moving ,As i have tried many other types of haulage ,That do not suit me so far ,So i am looking to get myself trained asap .
Cheers

You need to pm a member on here called ‘Duck’
He did crane training as ended up working in Iceland (the country :unamused: not shop)
Should come up if you do a search …

Was an interesting story not seen him post recently tho :neutral_face:

You need to pm a member on here called ‘Duck’
He did crane training as ended up working in Iceland (the country :unamused: not shop)
Should come up if you do a search …

Was an interesting story not seen him post recently tho :neutral_face:

get-licensed.co.uk/licence/crane-licence

Hope this helps, plenty info online.

Machine moving?

Is it a hiab crane or a mobile crane liscence your after?

Beetlejuice:
What is the most recognised crane licence in the UK ?
I fancy going into machine moving ,As i have tried many other types of haulage ,That do not suit me so far ,So i am looking to get myself trained asap .
Cheers

just to confirm,
are you after lorry mounted crane e.g. Hiab, Palfinger, Effer, etc for factory machine moving then ALLMI.com is your place

Mobile crane then CPCS is your preferred qualification training course to 1st gain the red card then complete NVQ within 2 years to gain blue card status, with other qualifications to add in
e.g. slinger signaler, lift supervisor, appointed person, etc… all add costs but open further doors with experience

factory machine moving is a very precise art…knowledge and experience get the cream work.

Cpcs is much cheaper and easier in the long run than Allmi and just as much recognised.

Hi,I renewed my Allmi ticket I last March and the new card has the CPCS logo on it.

Thank’s it is just lorry mounted for machine moving ,I have laboured with movers before many years ago ,Cheers chaps

CPCS is the way to go with lorry loaders. Recognised everywhere

If the OP is still interested in a crane license there’s a tower crane course that is being held in thetford next month … price £2500
cta.construction/course/cpcs-a0 … uffing-jib

Thanks but not that type ,I dont fancy that at any wage :laughing:

2500 and you only get a red card ,What a rip off this Country has become in these tickets now . Fgs lol

FFS. Their not licences, they are proof that you have been trained to a recognised standard across the industry.

They are just a money making exercise, never had em in older days, you were just shown by the older lads how to work haibs, and crane operators use to put new lads with more experienced guys to show them how to do the job…

Rant over.

I’ve got an ALLMI crane licence which is C5+e. The e refers to using a remote. C5 is a brick grab. Limited to 20 tonnes.
Does this mean I can’t do hook work?

Hook is category c1 I only had c5+e when I started then the company I work for got a wagon with a hook only crane.
Guy from the training place came out and did a conversion course ,only took an hour and new certificate came back with c1+5+e
Duncan

biggriffin:
FFS. Their not licences, they are proof that you have been trained to a recognised standard across the industry.

They are just a money making exercise, never had em in older days, you were just shown by the older lads how to work haibs, and crane operators use to put new lads with more experienced guys to show them how to do the job…

Rant over.

So in that case, what’s a driving licence but proof that you’ve been trained to a recognised standard?

I take your point about on the job training; but it was also far too easy back then to learn bad practice as well as good, with sometimes disastrous and even fatal results.

jakethesnake:
Crane Licence - Get your licence with Get Licensed UK

Hope this helps, plenty info online.

Machine moving?

That’s for the company operating the crane. Not even sure that’s about HIAB type cranes or just the construction site cranes.

HIAB licences are valid for 3 years or so.