Parking hull!

Looking for some good suggestions for parking in or around hull
So would like not to have to pay relatively safe etc!
I’ll be coming into hull on the a63!

Tia
James

Liverpool Street near Karro foods, dead end with a turning circle at the bottom. 24 hour Asda 100 yards away, pub 120 yards away. Win win.

Hedon Rd, junction off d/c next to Hull nick, one before the ferry.
Sportsman pub on there, good meals, good pint and Sky Sports. :sunglasses: .
Maoster’s or mine, …The worlds your lobster Terry. :smiley:

Thanks for the suggestions!

Will try one of them next week, I’m sick of getting up in the very early hours of morning to get there for a delivery booking! Going to try night outing on it and see how I go!

James

jetemp:
Thanks for the suggestions!

Will try one of them next week, I’m sick of getting up in the very early hours of morning to get there for a delivery booking! Going to try night outing on it and see how I go!

James

Ooh a virgin! :smiley: I take it you don’t normally night out mate? If I’ve got that wrong I apologise, but just in case I’m right you’ve already started the right way by asking for real parking suggestions as opposed to “which services can I etc”. Despite many here who never venture out of their own postcode who’ll tell you that nights out are the Devils work, nighting out can be an ordeal or an opportunity to broaden your life experiences depending on how you approach it.

Getting rocked to sleep in a roadside layby or squeezing into an MSA will guarantee a soul destroying experience, whereas parking in towns offers opportunities for a walk, a beer, a meal, a trip to the cinema, whatever you fancy. The opportunities are only limited by your imagination. Enjoy.

I agree with comment above.
Personally when I park up for the night. Try fond an estate etc. As 1st get a better nights sleep.
But mostly. It gives you on opportunity to get out your truck stretch you legs.

I always park someware then get out of my truck for about an hour. Be it a walk to local pub for tea. Walk around Tescos .
Few times been the beach in Torquay in the summer evenings. .
Anything to get me out my truck change of.scenery . Your feel better for it .
Nothing worse than driving all day parking up. Then sitting in your truck all evening.
Get out get some fresh air and exercise.

edd1974:
Personally when I park up for the night. Try fond an estate etc. As 1st get a better nights sleep.

I always park someware then get out of my truck for about an hour. Be it a walk to local pub for tea. Walk around Tescos .
Nothing worse than driving all day parking up. Then sitting in your truck all evening.

I agree with both of you.
If I did tramping the way some of yous do it. :unamused: .ie park up in any old ■■■■ hole…msa lay by etc on 8 hours 59 minutes with clock set on daily rest to nearest minute, sit in cab all night just waiting for the next day of utter ■■■■ endurance, I think I would have lasted all of a week.
The tramping job is as good (or as crap) as YOU make it.

edd1974:

+1 to that.

Best night out I have had is when I parked up at Orchard Loan, Forfar. Literally just off the A90 but it was so quiet.
Spotted a pathway leading off the road I was parked on. Went down it and found a huge lake. Took a slow walk round it, watching the wildlife, sun just starting to set.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Another place alot seem to park is in melton on way in on a63. Monks way west/brickyard lane is a popilar area. Pub across the road. Cop station up road so always cops going past (kinda)

Thanks for the comments
I don’t do many nights out! I have two young kids that I want to see grow up.
Although it’s a balancing act! Have to pay the mortgage somewhere.
At the moment getting up at 2.30 in the morning once a week means that I seem to loose 2 nights with them. So thinking I’m going to try a night out over the next couple of weeks and see how I get on see if I am a little more alive in the afternoon when I get back home!

I should add that I work for a small company that runs 2 trucks! I am the tm, I don’t drive full time,I drive for this run as none of my other drivers were keen on the early start!

James

HGV:
Another place alot seem to park is in melton on way in on a63. Monks way west/brickyard lane is a popilar area. Pub across the road. Cop station up road so always cops going past (kinda)

Our truck park is at Melton, never have any bother at all… pub sells good food aswell! Could always go bit further down A63 to the sewell garage for a shower then park at Melton, and if you have a lay in the red burger van is spot on :wink:

Can anybody remember parking at the earl grey ?

drypool way just off hedon way which runs parrell with a63 u will see a few trucks parked there most nights after 5.30pm chippy lidl and kfc and asda all within 5/10min walk.i use it all time when im loading out of hull following morning so long ur gone by 7am ur ok.

specialbru:
Can anybody remember parking at the earl grey ?

I’m too young to have been in but I’ve heard a few story’s from my dad :laughing: think it’s due to be demolished soon after standing empty all these years

Goulton street, parked up there many a time. Easy walk up to Hessle road shops/pubs/takeaways etc.

To be a bit quieter, go along until you find Harrow Street and reverse up it. Its a dead end and so no passing vehicles.