Renault Woes..

Well, you can tell when a man drives a Renault.

It’s in the shop AGAIN! They only serviced it last night too!!

Today it wants the Oil Temperature Sensor, to cure the blue smoke it’s started blowing, since they put an additional 5ltrs of oil in last night. Personally I dare suspect that as they added 5ltrs of oil, to an already full system, it’s over pressurised itself and forcing oil passed the seals and into combustion. But I haven’t had to read what the computer tells me.

Last month it wanted a compressor after going through a puddle.

The sooner this contract ends the better!

Oh and to add to the list, the drivers door is creased and says, the mirror drops it’s guts on every bump and bounce too. Random water in fuel faults, that wants an new sensor. The night heater turns off after 4 hours. Passenger side mini mirror also drops its guts when it wants.

This is all after it came up with a major engine malfunction that took them 16 attempts to fix last February, I’ve lost track of how many parts it’s had replaced to “fix” faults that quite honestly half of them probably weren’t required.

It’s French, .

If this motor had a Scania badge on the front you wouldn’t have heard one complaint !!!.

shugg:
If this motor had a Scania badge on the front you wouldn’t have heard one complaint !!!.

Other than the new ones keep dropping gearboxes?

£128 grand, 2 months old, and the gearbox has crapped it’s pants.

I was told today that out of the three days laces used to services the motors, Imperial for the DAF’s, Crossroads for the Volvo’s and Thompson’s for the Renaults, that Thompson’s are the ones the trust most. Hahaha, I doubt this unit has made a profit in the 4 years it’s been on lease.

The only upside to it is the lease comes to an end this October,so hopefully the next one will be a little more reliable?

biggriffin:
It’s French, .

It’s a Volvo, with a Renault badge.

Designed by Volvo, built by Volvo, on a Volvo chassis, with Volvo running gear, and a French badge planted on the front of it.

mardybum:

biggriffin:
It’s French, .

Designed by Volvo, built by Volvo, on a Volvo chassis, with Volvo running gear, and a French badge planted on the front of it.

Assembled in France, Volvo chassis, running gear, everything else French especially the electronics… Be afraid.

The new range of fitters only do as the machine tells them or the pointy shoes suggests .

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Today…

ABS Module “froze” overnight, but only on the near side rear, and only once I pulled away, leaving most of the tyre stuck to the road.

Handbrake lever, that was replace on Wednesday night, “Position Malfunction”, brakes all round now stuck on. Their fix? Unplug it, and try again.

Can’t wait to see what tomorrow brings.

On the V4 Volvo, the first thing Volvo say before they come out is, have you rebooted the system by turning the isolator off for 1 minute…

biggriffin:
On the V4 Volvo, the first thing Volvo say before they come out is, have you rebooted the system by turning the isolator off for 1 minute…

Standard practice for anything nowadays, even the wife :open_mouth:

Stanley Mitchell:

biggriffin:

Standard practice for anything nowadays, even the wife :open_mouth:

I would be made up if Mrs B went into isolation.

Budget Renault of 2014 vintage didn’t come with anything as fancy as an isolator.

biggriffin:

mardybum:

biggriffin:
It’s French, .

Assembled in France, Volvo chassis, running gear, everything else French especially the electronics… Be afraid.

They split the partnership a while ago.

Ken.

Had a 13 plate Renault for five years; with the exception of the (aftermarket) rear steer system it was pretty reliable.

HPIM3023_zpsf136a3f5.jpg

Well, it lasted a day!

High Air Production upon returning to the yard this evening. Quick check didn’t reveal anything of concern, but I wasn’t crawling around on the floor looking for the culprit in the cold and wet by torch light.

This makes my 2014 MAN look very reliable :open_mouth:
New clutch bearing at 300k and new compressor at 330k , brake down before Christmas was due to the dealer never changing the dryer cartridge after changing the compressor :unamused:
and one smashed 5 wheels jaws :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:

Guess what?!?

No, it’s not perfect, yes it has missed a beat.

It was collected this morning at 0900 by Thompson’s Renault.
It was delivered back this afternoon at 1430.

I rang them at 1715 to inform them I had no trailer lights, at all, and that the conjoined lighting susie socket, 15pins, had ■■■■ itself and was now more like 9 and a half pins, none of which were much use! Turns out the don’t have the correct tools to crimp the cables either, so it sounds like it’s a bodge!!

As the clock ticked closer to 2000, I was handed the keys back with 15 minutes of duty time remaining for the day, parked up outside their gates, wondering how I’m going to make it back to the yard to swap trailers and then get to Gloucester before 9am…

Oh deep joy! I love Renault

2 weeks, that’s is all!

biggriffin:

Reminds me of the Alfa Arna. A joint venture between Alfa Romeo and Nissan it was designed by Nissan and built by Alfa Romeo, what could go wrong? :laughing: If it had been designed by Alfa and built by Nissan it would’ve been a thing of Italian beauty with Japanese reliability instead of a Nissan Cherry with an Alfa badge that spent more time in the garage than on the road and that you could stand there and watch rust before your eyes.

Quinny:

biggriffin:

mardybum:

biggriffin:
It’s French, .

They split the partnership a while ago.

Ken.

They didn’t. And it’s more than a partnership, Volvo own Renault Trucks outright.