Gov.UK

Driving licence exchange for UK nationals living in the EU
If you are a UK licence holder living in the EU or EEA you should exchange your UK driving licence for a local EU driving licence before 29 March 2019. From that date, in the event that there is no EU Exit deal, you may have to pass a driving test in the EU country you live in to be able to carry on driving there.

You should consider exchanging your UK driving licence for an EU driving licence as soon as possible. Increased demand may lead to longer processing times and delays to exchanging driving licences the closer it is to 29 March 2019.

If you return to live in the UK, provided you passed your driving test in the UK (or another specified country), you can exchange your EU licence for a UK licence without taking another test.

Isnt it a requirement to do that anyway if you live there or the other way around in any case?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

folken83:
Isnt it a requirement to do that anyway if you live there or the other way around in any case?

No that is not the case, seem to be ignoring: “in the event that there is no EU Exit deal, you may have to pass a driving test in the EU country you live in to be able to carry on driving there”. :open_mouth: :unamused:
At the moment you do not have to retake your test to carry on driving with your current entitlement.

So will this mean eu hgv licences will also be invalid here after March 29th ?
Pretty pathetic to be honest .

Beetlejuice:
So will this mean eu hgv licences will also be invalid here after March 29th ?
Pretty pathetic to be honest .

No, we are allowing EU drivers several years of grace, but hey they need us more than we need them and all the other ■■■■■ some have swallowed, lol.

No i acctually ment the bit with exchanging the licence if you live in eu country for so long. Cause i know someone from abroad who got done for not doing it and driving on eu licence after being here for over 3years i think. Or was it the car? cant remember it was a while ago :wink:

But I don’t want to drive in the EU. :smiling_imp:

Simple, get a replacement license from UK then swap your current UK license for an EU license. Not really 100% legal but if one is locked away somewhere, it’s out of sight and out of mind. . .