Who still smokes in the cab?

I quit smoking a year ago mainly due to the cost but I did smoke in my cab when I was a smoker.

I never seen it as a major issue and it doesn’t bother me if I jump in a cab that smells of smoke but I know some go nuts over it.
Driver the other day went nuts over it, I personally thought he was a bit of a prat.

BTW this doesn’t apply to trampers just people who don’t overnight or cab hop regularly.

Also how many of you have quit recently as I have seen a huge decline in smokers in the last 2 years.

I packed up smoking 15 years ago,it never bothered me at first,BUT after a while when you get over the “barrier” you can smell smoke and nicotine on your hands and clothes.I can now smell a smoker when they come within a few yards of me and believe me it make me wonder how my Wife and Family put up with my smoking.

My missus has never smoked and I stopped about 3 years ago. She is a community nurse who often comes home stinking after visiting a patient at home. All her patients have had a stroke

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’s awfully nice of her :wink:

the maoster:

I’ll be having one myself when I call it a day later!

the maoster:

Christ, you can now get things on the NHS, that I never got in 15 years of marriage…

The country is gone I tell you.

Re smoking - i dont mind people smoking but doing that in a tiny space multiplies the smell badly. Just walking next to a non smoker its very noticeable. That said, I’ve dtiven plenty of units where others refuse due to the smell.

Wheel Nut - thanks for an accidental laugh of the day (I did try to keep a straight face, honest)! :smiley:

Darkside:

the maoster:

Christ, you can now get things on the NHS, that I never got in 15 years of marriage…

Look on the bright side, at least your job still ■■■■■. :wink:

Harry Monk:

Darkside:

the maoster:

Look on the bright side, at least your job still ■■■■■. :wink:

Every minute of the sodding day to be honest! :laughing:

Darkside:

the maoster:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
i could tell you what yu can get on BUPA but it would entail a ban… :slight_smile:

I don’t give a ■■■■ as I’ve got anosmia. I smoked properly until 3 years ago then fully quit but recently have started having the occasional ■■■ to be sociable. Having said all that nobody else drives ‘my’ truck and even if the other 3 drivers did they don’t smoke anyway.

Smoked my last tab 12 months to this day.Thank god for vaping.Takes a while to master the fundamentals of the craft but boy do I love it.It’s easy to get bamboozled by the hipster merchants,who are deft at emptying the wallets of newbie vapers,but I’d deffo say the games worth the candle when you’re finally up and running with the right kit.

For me its banana custard all the way,Gaffers of Yorkshire vapers firm sell good ranges on ebay at half the shop prices,bloody lovely.The stench of ■■■ smoke seriously makes me nauseous these days.

Been vaping about 3 years now.
Brew me own juice,for peanuts…happy days.

I cab hop due to lorries double shifted, i’m a non smoker, I just use some air freshener and polish if the cab smells.

the maoster:

She is like that [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting not one person has admitted to still smoke in the cab.

I do.

I used to until I stopped. Now I don’t, obviously lol

the maoster:
I do.

Prepare for righteous judgement.
I’ve drawn him out Guys! Smite this evil villan.

Gave up many years ago but it was still legal to smoke in cabs back then

I went cold turkey never done the vapour thing not easy but got there

Don’t like the smell of smoke if any of the lads had been smoking I would just spray some perfume ( normally a free 1 which I didn’t care for :laughing: :laughing: ) most of them didn’t like that so said if they didn’t smoke I wouldn’t spray simple we all gt on after that :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: