Deliveries stolen

Would you chase after a thief that jumped in your truck and took some of your stuff?

I was at a store the other day and the shop assistant said that a pack of cigarettes got stolen a few days ago so be careful. I asked what happened and it turned out the driver chased after them for a bit but they got away.

Personally I would never chase after anyone unless it was my own stuff e.g they got into the cab.

What’d you do?

chase them and let their scummy mates burgle the truck properly. thats quite often the way it works.
ir chase one round the corner,and get done by the other 3 thats waiting there…then get your truck done properly after that…
one of them will spit on ou if your stuck at the lights ect,and leg it to see if you follow.

Stealing a pack of cigarettes is a bit demeaning when you could do so much better :smiley:

I drove for Argos for 20 years and we where always told let them go,goods can be replaced your life can`t

Many moons ago I stopped at the roadside in Seville to buy an ice cream from a stall a few yards away.While queueing I saw a young fella get off a motorbike and climb into my cab.(Yes I know.It wasn’t locked!)As I ran back the driver saw me and fled on his motorbike,his mate was too slow.Being a big lad I showed him the error of his ways.I then chucked him in the back of my empty fridge,fired it up to minus 30 then kicked him out after a 2 hour trip north.I never did get that ice cream.

In the mid nineties i was working for a beer company and i was told about a driver who caught a boy trying to steal a case of beer, so he kicked the boy up the bum and told him to get lost…

the boy did and came back 10mins later with his dad and uncle who proceeded to kick 7 shades of ■■■ out of the driver :open_mouth:

yea i would just leave anyone to nick what they wanted unless it was personal items !!

Gidders:
Many moons ago I stopped at the roadside in Seville to buy an ice cream from a stall a few yards away.While queueing I saw a young fella get off a motorbike and climb into my cab.(Yes I know.It wasn’t locked!)As I ran back the driver saw me and fled on his motorbike,his mate was too slow.Being a big lad I showed him the error of his ways.I then chucked him in the back of my empty fridge,fired it up to minus 30 then kicked him out after a 2 hour trip north.I never did get that ice cream.

itchy chin!!!

Gidders:

Surely you could have picked up the ice cream stall with your mighty hands and squeezed the contents into an upside down traffic cone to make a giant manly man-sized cornet?

When i did work for coop, ciggies were hidden in easy to identify black packages on top of cages so would bury those under crisps etc before they left the truck.

Booze used to come off first (even if more awkward) then leave boring stuff left on tail-lift and lift was always raised if in a public area. Oddly never had anything nicked that i know of.

Would I chase them - nah, its someone elses money and as I cant carry a knife to defend myself, I wouldn’t risk it as they might well be. Plus most of them doing it here wiuld be “salt of the earth” types.

Oddly they never told us to leave it, but then i was agency, gits. :slight_smile: