Currie European anyone work for them?

Advertising tramping jobs up here in central scotland at £8.50ph.

Surely thats a mistake?

cgscott:

Surely thats a mistake?

:open_mouth: our rigid drivers are on more than that :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

blue estate:

cgscott:

Surely thats a mistake?

:open_mouth: our rigid drivers are on more than that :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

At currie?

cgscott:

blue estate:

cgscott:

Surely thats a mistake?

At currie?

No I work for a proper Haulier down on South coast :wink:

cgscott:

Surely thats a mistake?

O’h no its not .!!!

It does make me smile when people come on about low wages. I know some here are in the 40% tax and need accountants because they earn so much. But there are others at the bottom of the scale and have to pay for their own cpc and a day unpaid to do it whilst paying for all their ppe, and you wonder why some see the cpc as a waste of money.if you’re in a low wage area this is reality.

shugg:

cgscott:

Surely thats a mistake?

O’h no its not .!!!

Odd days:
It does make me smile when people come on about low wages. I know some here are in the 40% tax and need accountants because they earn so much. But there are others at the bottom of the scale and have to pay for their own cpc and a day unpaid to do it whilst paying for all their ppe, and you wonder why some see the cpc as a waste of money.if you’re in a low wage area this is reality.

So it is actually £8.50?

Who would tramp away at that money?

■■■■ me, my wife’s on more than that and she’s home every afternoon around two, fifes
Sapper

Obviously £8.50 an hour is a poor wage but equally obviously that’s all that Curries feel the need to offer in order to fill their vacancies, and experience has taught them that it’s sufficient to get bums on seats.

I suppose you have to factor in the fact that a terraced house in the local area doesn’t cost £250,000 as it does in areas which pay a couple of pounds an hour more.

As it’s tramping, would be interesting to know if they pay for parking and what night out money is. I assume this is class 1? It’s very low, but I don’t know what the cost of living is like in Dumfries vs say Southampton where you might be getting £10 hour. Last I heard it’s very much populated by new comers from certain EE countries who might not be worrying about £15 hour…until they get established and move onto better jobs.

sapper:
my wife’s on more than that and she’s home every afternoon around two

But what hours does she do? It’s like you can earn more at Aldi, but it’s part time.

Harry Monk:
Obviously £8.50 an hour is a poor wage but equally obviously that’s all that Curries feel the need to offer in order to fill their vacancies, and experience has taught them that it’s sufficient to get bums on seats.

I suppose you have to factor in the fact that a terraced house in the local area doesn’t cost £250,000 as it does in areas which pay a couple of pounds an hour more.

Almost normal rate in central Scotland .

TrevHCS, she works for NHS, 7.30 till 13.30, Mon to Fri, 9.60 per hour, total of 30 hours.

Sapper

The cost of like living is bs, your shopping still cost the same across the country, as does gas/electricity, fuel + -4p,… Borrowing money is still the same rate, …

There are people earning £26K all across the country.

Yes I know private rents are different north to south. But using cost of living to keep wages low is the BS,

biggriffin:
The cost of like living is bs, your shopping still cost the same across the country, as does gas/electricity, fuel + -4p,… Borrowing money is still the same rate, …

Yes I know private rents are different north to south. But using cost of living to keep wages low is the BS,

Agree with that. What about holidays(plane ticket, hotels etc)?

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

biggriffin:

This in not correct figures.26k will be when they count all from cleaners to ministers,London City and more.So to many people have 50k but to many just 15000.Most factory worker in Uk just about 15K.

Andrejs:

biggriffin:

This in not correct figures.26k will be when they count all from cleaners to ministers,London City and more.So to many people have 50k but to many just 15000.Most factory worker in Uk just about 15K.

My mates 23 year old son has just gone from one very well paid job in our town to another in the same post code, where he is on £40k :open_mouth:

One was building trains, and now he is on the plane`s :wink:

Another mate has his nipper on Network Rail on £40K…this is nights though, but its easy and short shifts… :open_mouth:

£15k would not get you very far around here, even sweeping factory floors pay`s better :wink:

cgscott:

Surely thats a mistake?

I started a driving job in 2008 and the day rate, between 0600hrs and 2000hrs, was £8.55 an hour. Higher rates for nights and weekend.

Stanley Mitchell:

Andrejs:

biggriffin:

My mates 23 year old son has just gone from one very well paid job in our town to another in the same post code, where he is on £40k :open_mouth:

Another mate has his nipper on Network Rail on £40K…this is nights though, but its easy and short shifts… :open_mouth:

£15k would not get you very far around here, even sweeping factory floors pay`s better :wink:

99.9 percent of food production factory staff just get 8p/h.

The problem with Curries is that they are losing money.On 40m turnover they lost money and they have total debts of 10m.So where do they get the cash to pay the drivers?

Andrejs:

Stanley Mitchell:

Andrejs:

biggriffin:

99.9 percent of food production factory staff just get 8p/h.

You didn’t actually mention specific industries TBF… food plants are in the wilds around this part of the world, or in the heavily populated immigrant area`s, so unfortunately you are only going to get the un-trained in these jobs, who are getting taken advantage of in the process…