Info needed

Ok posted this on a Facebook page with differing views. What is it telling me.

I wonder how many people tilted their heads to the left to look at this! :laughing:

But I would take this at first glance to mean 1 hour 06 minutes driving time remaining before a break must be taken.

WhiteTruckMan:
But I would take this at first glance to mean 1 hour 06 minutes driving time remaining before a break must be taken.

I agree, some tacho’s count drive time from 00:00 - 04:30 and others for some reason count down 04:30 - 00:00. The OP is probably sat in a Scania.

This was Saturday morning stonebridge tacho and this was counting down, had driven for 1hr 36

snowman77:

Don’t go mad if I’m wrong but I thought the line in bottom corner ( l )was (end of week) as two lines (ll) means fortnightly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ChrisEnglish90:

Sutto2018:

snowman77:

Don’t go mad if I’m wrong but I thought the line in bottom corner ( l )was (end of week) as two lines (ll) means fortnightly.

That was my thinking…

So that means if you say counting down, that’s how much driving time remains I have this tachometer

Sutto2018:

ChrisEnglish90:

Sutto2018:

snowman77:

That was my thinking…

So that means if you say counting down, that’s how much driving time remains I have this tachometer

Sutto2018:

Sutto2018:

ChrisEnglish90:

Sutto2018:

snowman77:

That was my thinking…

So the 1 meaning driver 1 the two lines (ll) how much driving I have done in two weeks and the rest self explanatory

You need a weekly rest after 1:06

Happened to me this week, had my head scratching for a bit.

Sure it can mean drive time or W/T as it was W/T I was out of and it showed exactly that.

AdamG21:
You need a weekly rest after 1:06

Happened to me this week, had my head scratching for a bit.

Sure it can mean drive time or W/T as it was W/T I was out of and it showed exactly that.

So it’s working time ? 60hr limit?

Yep as far as I’m aware.

I had only drove A few hrs back to yard and had that same reading on the tacho head saying I only had half an hour left, Checked Tachomaster and had half an hour left of 60.

Where do people get this idea that you can’t work more than 60 hours a week for the WTD?

If you can drive for 56 hours in a week or 90 hours in a fortnight then you can legally work 60 hours a week or more, especially after breaks and or POA deductions.

No where do I see anything that says you can’t work more then 60 hours a week it only states your average working hours must not exceed 48 hours over the reference period, and WTD currently isn’t enforced if at all and is up to your employer to monitor your average working hours for the WTD.

Sent from my AGS-W09 using Tapatalk

Probably because it is in the directive driverhours.co.uk/working-time-directive/ Remember that only driving and other work count towards it, not poa or breaks. And is in a fixed week not between rest periods.

What would be the penalty if you’re found to have gone over the 60hrs working time in a fixed week?

Tachographs don’t know about the WTD though! If it’s telling you to take a weekly rest surely that’s because you’re coming up to 144 hours since you ended your last weekly rest?

jund24:
What would be the penalty if you’re found to have gone over the 60hrs working time in a fixed week?

Nothing unless your average is over 48 hours over the reference period.

Even then they don’t seem to care about wtd.

As I said you can legally do 56 hours a week driving or 90 in a fortnight. So you legally can do more then 60 hours under tacho regs.

The wtd 60 hour rule does not fit with tacho legislation. Tacho legislation is far more important the wtd so crack on.

simcor:
So you legally can do more then 60 hours under tacho regs.

Are you sure Simcor? I’m more than happy to be proved wrong but my impression is that whilst it’s perfectly legal to be “at work” for more than 60 hours per week (break, POA etc) it is in fact a contravention of the rules to exceed 60 hours working time in a week.

simcor:
Where do people get this idea that you can’t work more than 60 hours a week for the WTD?

The idea comes from the road transport working time regulations which clearly state that the working time, including overtime, of a mobile worker shall not exceed 60 hours in a week

simcor:
No where do I see anything that says you can’t work more then 60 hours a week it only states your average working hours must not exceed 48 hours over the reference period

The 60 hour working time per week rule is in the same section of the regulations, and immediately above the 48 average hour per week.

4.—(1) Subject to paragraph (2) below, the working time, including overtime, of a mobile worker shall not exceed 60 hours in a week.

(2) In any reference period which is applicable to his case, a mobile worker’s working time shall not exceed an average of 48 hours for each week.

the maoster:

simcor:
So you legally can do more then 60 hours under tacho regs.

Are you sure Simcor? I’m more than happy to be proved wrong but my impression is that whilst it’s perfectly legal to be “at work” for more than 60 hours per week (break, POA etc) it is in fact a contravention of the rules to exceed 60 hours working time in a week.

Nope not sure of anything anymore.

And yes I get it’s written in legislation but it is at odds with what you can legally work under drivers hours.

Also given I work for a company that is ■■■■ hot with compliance and infreingements the only wtd infringements we get are for working over 6 hours never for working over 60 hours.

Either way there are plenty of drivers that reguallry work over 60 hours a week.

Not disagreeing with you at all mate. Where I work will give you an infringement for exceeding 60 hours working time per week, but as has been said before; only companies themselves seem to be enforcing this ruling. Bloody farcical really having us work to two different sets of regs, it’s no wonder people fall foul of it.